Author Topic: US general warned Taliban of airstrikes days before they took Kabul: report  (Read 221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US general warned Taliban of airstrikes days before they took Kabul: report
By Alex Gangitano - 09/28/21 08:39 AM EDT

Gen. Frank McKenzie, the head of the U.S. Central Command, warned Taliban leaders in the final days of the U.S. military withdrawal from Afghanistan to keep fighters outside of Kabul, NBC reported.

McKenzie met with Taliban leader Abdul Ghani Baradar in Qatar in August and showed him a map with a circle around Kabul, telling him the U.S. will strike Taliban fighters if they enter the circle, NBC reported, citing three senior defense officials.

The Taliban agreed to McKenzie’s demands but said some fighters were already inside the circle at the time and wouldn’t leave. The group also offered a liaison for security around the airport to the U.S.

But, the next day, more Taliban fighters entered the capital city and the U.S. did not retaliate with an airstrike.

Taliban swept into Kabul on August 15, the day Afghan President Ashraf Ghani fled the country, and the Taliban were quickly seen occupying the presidential palace and sitting at the president’s desk.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/574220-us-general-warned-taliban-of-airstrikes-days-before-they-took-kabul-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: US general warned Taliban of airstrikes days before they took Kabul: report
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 01:44:26 pm »
WTF are we doing showing the enemy our hand like this?  I've never in my life seen our military commanders so willing to aide and abet the people trying to kill us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 07:24:58 pm »
WTF are we doing showing the enemy our hand like this?  I've never in my life seen our military commanders so willing to aide and abet the people trying to kill us.
18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason
U.S. Code
Notes

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

I think it's been too long since the firing squads have been used. It should have been used on that little bitch deserter that Obama/Biden traded terrorist leaders for and Milley and McKenzie should be treated to some lead.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 02:38:28 am »
Utter insanity and, yes, treason.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org