Author Topic: Homicides up 30 percent in largest increase on record, FBI says  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Homicides up 30 percent in largest increase on record, FBI says
« on: September 27, 2021, 05:47:54 pm »
Homicides up 30 percent in largest increase on record, FBI says
By Monique Beals - 09/27/21 12:22 PM EDT

The FBI's Uniform Crime Report for 2020 was published Monday, showing homicides increased nearly 30 percent last year from 2019.

This data marks the first time in four years that the estimated number of violent crimes in the U.S. increased from the previous year, the FBI said in a statement.

Violent crime increased by 5 percent from 2019 to 2020, according to the FBI, while overall crime was down 6 percent during the same time period.

"In 2020, there were an estimated 1,277,696 violent crimes," the agency said. "When compared with the estimates from 2019, the estimated number of robbery offenses fell 9.3 percent and the estimated volume of rape (revised definition) offenses decreased 12.0 percent."

The 2020 jump in homicides, however, marked the "largest single-year increase" the FBI has reported since it began collecting the data in the 1960s, according to CNN.

There were 21,570 reported homicides last year.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/574091-murders-up-30-percent-in-largest-increase-on-record-fbi
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Homicides up 30 percent in largest increase on record, FBI says
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 05:55:11 pm »
I'm guessing it is all those white rednecks with NRA membership cards using their automatic machine guns to shoot poor minorities to death in drive-by shootings,instead of innocent deer and ducks?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 06:34:11 pm »
I'm guessing it is all those white rednecks with NRA membership cards using their automatic machine guns to shoot poor minorities to death in drive-by shootings,instead of innocent deer and ducks?

:bingo:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 06:38:26 pm »
You know to solve the problem.  Defund the police. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 06:42:13 pm »
This, This right here, is why you are my new HERO!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 07:21:42 pm »
Some of the cities that did not submit data included New York, Chicago and New Orleans, CNN reported.
So, we can likely double the reported figures?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 07:27:59 pm »
So, we can likely double the reported figures?
@EdinVA

Well,the reason for not reporting COULD be because the officials in those cities don't know how to count once they run out of fingers and toes.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 07:38:45 pm »
FBI: More People Killed with Fists, Feet, Than Rifles

AWR Hawkins 27 Sep 2021

The FBI released its Uniform Crime Report (UCR) Monday showing that more people were killed in 2020 with fists and feet than were killed with rifles of all kinds.

The UCR shows that 454 people were killed with rifles in 2020 while 657 were killed with “personnel weapons,” which are defined as “hands, fists, feet, etc.”

The UCR figures show a similar situation was occurred in 2019, when 375 people were killed with rifles but 639 were killed with “hands, fists, feet, etc.”

In 2018 the number of people killed with “hands, fists, feet, etc.,” was more than twice the number killed with rifles of all kinds.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/27/fbi-people-killed-fists-feet-rifles/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 08:03:14 pm »
@EdinVA

Well,the reason for not reporting COULD be because the officials in those cities don't know how to count once they run out of fingers and toes.

@sneakypete
So, they are not allowed to play blackjack?   :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 11:45:59 pm »
@sneakypete

@EdinVA

No,they are allowed to play,but for some odd reason they never seem to be able to win.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 12:06:49 am »
IMO, a direct result of quarantines, lockdowns, social distancing and face masks.

Couples aren't getting along?  Money stops coming in?

The numbers aren't surprising at all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 12:11:38 am »
IMO, a direct result of quarantines, lockdowns, social distancing and face masks.

And OPEN BORDERS....... 888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 12:12:23 am »

It's really sad, but I think you're right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 12:49:50 am »

Plus defund the police efforts, demoralized inner city police forces, left wing DA's who won't punish crime, Liberal mayors and city councils who are soft on crime, no bail laws.....
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 12:50:44 am »
Plus defund the police efforts, demoralized inner city police forces, left wing DA's who won't punish crime, Liberal mayors and city councils who are soft on crime, no bail laws.....

All adding to the moral decay of this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 09:13:09 am »
@sneakypete
Only if they take off their pants.  :rolling:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 04:07:57 pm »
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Actually higher since Chicago, NYC, and New Orleans didn’t report.
11:11 AM · Sep 28, 2021·

LeeZ
@LeeCZ73
I think Chicago lost count
11:35 AM · Sep 28, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 04:12:30 pm »
And OPEN BORDERS....... 888high58888
btw all a presidential candidate would need to do to win in a walk is run on the mass deportation of illegals

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 04:21:03 pm »
Well on the bright side the criminals are going to move to states/cities where the getting is good and risks are low.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 04:28:16 pm »
Attacks on police have very predictable consequences. A moderately aware 12YO could have foreseen this increase in violence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 06:53:28 pm »

Actually it's worse than murders and shootings. My DIL is a MFT and councils students in a local school district, she has been extremely busy because of all the student suicides. Good work gov. Noisome, Fauci, Captain Dementia and demonicrats everywhere! Not enough to damage the education of a generation they have to destroy them mentally as well.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 02:51:47 pm »
Gin soaked pSaki say's the numbers are from 2020 so it is Trumps fault.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 02:41:22 am »
Gin soaked pSaki say's the numbers are from 2020 so it is Trumps fault.
Riiiiiight! Trump released all those violent felons from prison and put the turnstiles in the DA's offices in liberal run cities across America. What I really want to know is how are these POS's getting ammunition when either I can't find it or or priced so high I can's afford it. Maybe it's part of the liberals welfare program?