Author Topic: Survey shows few getting vaccine do it because of threats to their jobs  (Read 130 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Survey shows few getting vaccine do it because of threats to their jobs

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/09/29/survey-shows-few-getting-vaccine-do-it-because-of-threats-to-their-jobs-n419169

There’s been a measurable uptick in vaccinations in the United States in recent weeks. We’re still nowhere near the numbers of people signing up for a dose when they were first made widely available, but at this point, the government will take any good news it can get, I suppose. So what’s driving the increase? Many will likely talk about President Joe Biden’s emergency order and the state mandates that supported his position, putting millions of people’s jobs at risk. But is the fear of Big Brother’s ban hammer really the primary cause? A new survey out yesterday from the Kaiser Family Foundation suggests otherwise. While fear of losing their job was cited by some, the biggest factor appears to be the marketing job that’s been done by the media, combined with people’s personal experiences, making many of them more frightened of the virus than ever.

1. I've been watching the Doses Administered numbers here for months. It's been in the 600K-800K-a-day range for months. IOW, I haven't seen "a measurable uptick in vaccinations". If anything, the daily numbers have shifted slightly toward the lower end of that 600K-800K-a-day range.

2. That few people are getting vaccinated for fear of losing their jobs is unsurprising. Anyone who's observed human behavior would have anticipated that result. IMO, the inverse is true, resistant and hesitant people have reacted by digging in their heels. Speaking personally, I've opposed mandatory vaccination from before Day 1. Further, I think it's a conflict gooberment and companies should have been smart enough not to start.

3. As to "the marketing job that’s been done by the media", yada yada yada, I think people tossed into that statistical bin are mostly people who were "probably some day" rather than mostly resistant and hesitant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Survey shows few getting vaccine do it because of threats to their jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 12:06:38 pm »
My sister has lost her largest source of income because she will not comply. She is a musician, and plays in several groups and orchestras to make a living. Two of the orchestras in which she's played for years - where she is the principal for her instrument - have required the vax.

She, along with six or so other musicians, submitted a request for exemption from the mandate. She cited both religious and medical reasons. She's had two conditions in the past, Lyme disease and blood clots, that may flare up or be made worse by the vaccine. Some 25% of people who had Lyme in the past have reported a flare-up of symptoms after receiving a Covid vaccination. We've all read about how the vaccine has caused blood clots in women.

She also offered to wear a mask while in the orchestra pit. Management didn't even read the requests for exemptions. No exceptions - and now they've lost a good number of their top musicians.

If my livelihood depended on getting injected with a substance that might help, but well might harm, it wouldn't be an easy choice.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org