Author Topic: Jack Ciattarelli 4 NJ!  (Read 987 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Jack Ciattarelli 4 NJ!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 09:49:41 am »
Now they’re apparently tied.l.l

84% of the vote counted.

Tied 49.6 each.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2021-elections/new-jersey-governor-results

This is getting somewhere between exciting and nail biting.

:2popcorn:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 09:57:41 am »
Btw, NJ has not had a Democrat governor for two terms since 1970S. (Brendan Byrne 1974-1982)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governors_of_New_Jersey

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 11:00:13 am »
Republican Jack Ciattarelli takes lead in NJ Governor’s Race

They didn't see this coming.

Republican challenger Jack Ciattarelli didn't emerge a victor on Tuesday night but he was leading Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy with enough of a margin that his Bridgewater election night headquarters was lit up with excitement.

"We want Jack! We want Jack!" supporters chanted after the former Somerset County assemblyman appeared on stage with his smiling wife; his lieutenant governor running mate, former state Sen. Diane Allen; and her husband.

https://nj1015.com/republican-jack-ciattarelli-takes-the-lead-in-nj-governors-race/

Offline MikePence

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2021, 11:33:42 pm »
I'm disappointed with the loss, but I'm optimistic for the future,  but at the same time, I might move away from this state.
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2021, 11:37:19 pm »
I'm disappointed with the loss

I'm disappointed with the 41,000 votes that magically appeared in Bergen County after they announced all votes had been counted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 11:40:20 pm »
I'm disappointed with the 41,000 votes that magically appeared in Bergen County after they announced all votes had been counted.
Something like 10 boxes of ballots was just "discovered" after they were done?

Kinda hard to lose that under the table (except in Georgia).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2021, 12:20:24 am »
Something like 10 boxes of ballots was just "discovered" after they were done?

More like 40 boxes.  And for a county that went between 38% and 56% Dem in the last three gubernatorial elections, we are to believe that the ballots in those 40 boxes went 76% Dem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2021, 03:40:46 am »
More like 40 boxes.  And for a county that went between 38% and 56% Dem in the last three gubernatorial elections, we are to believe that the ballots in those 40 boxes went 76% Dem.
Well, 40 boxes would take a full sized van to deliver, so when did they bring them in?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis