Author Topic: Arizona State Rep. Mark Finchem Calls for the 2020 Election Results to be Decertified Based on the P  (Read 5058 times)

Offline roamer_1

Are you missing the point ?

Nobody is countering this kind of thing.

Yes they are... But only on the right... preaching to the choir... And so it is. And it is the very same from the left, and never the twain shall meet. That is the utter danger of propaganda instead of journalism.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
That's right, but @HikerGuy83 has a point... Articles like these are used by my batsh*t crazy liberal sister to 'prove' how mislead I am - Even though the record here shows plainly that I didn't listen to the gossip rags on the right.

She is bloody well sure the Right, lead by Tumpy, are assembling a tyranny even as we speak.

One must consider how she came to that conclusion... And it is not hard to see. The leftward-facing media bubble and the rightward-facing media bubble keep the two sides at a fevered pitch.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I don't have the time I hope to have soon.  But, the little time I have says that the only counters are the ones the left has been able to smear pretty well.

Fox may be popular with the right, but it does not do itself any favors with the likes of Hannity out front. 

I used to really enjoy Bill O'Riley and Greta V.S.  They were much more balanced in their approach.  Even O'Riley could get Bill Maher to come on his show.

And speaking of Maher: He's pretty open about the moronic lies of the left.

I hope to find and support orgs that don't participate in the hyperbolic garbage that is awash on the internet these days.

It is necessary because people are dropping away from the news and there is a great opportunity to fill that vaccum if it isn't name calling and conspiracy theories.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Yes they are... But only on the right... preaching to the choir... And so it is. And it is the very same from the left, and never the twain shall meet. That is the utter danger of propaganda instead of journalism.

Please share how you think such tripe is being countered. 

I am always interested to learn what is out there....that I might be missing.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What is hurting you is that right facing media have become the same sort of shills as the MSM.

That is the single major mistake that came with pimping Tumpy up.

I certainly do not believe ANY press anymore... Which is why I waited for an actual implement of the state of AZ to be employed. Evidence tallied with evidentiary value in mind. Such a mill grinds slowly, bit to an infinitely fine grain. Give it time.

You are not alone in not trusting anything.

In my estimation, this is where we have great opportunity.

But if you come out and scream the election should be decrrtified....you lose a lot of your potential audience.

I have been able to talk to lefties on a very even tone and discuss things in a way they don't consider (explained the 10th amendment and the concept of federalism to a woman from Minn about six months ago and she was floored.  She thought the idea that she could go to her state and make it a left wing Utopia was fantastic.  That Kansas didn't need to do the same for her to enjoy what she wanted....that made all the sense in the world to her. 

Then she asked how it was going in our effort to promote this stuff.

Imagine how I felt as I explained that today's federal GOP is just as corrupt as the federal dems in centralizing power and pushing in the direction of a complete nanny state.

There are many out there like her.

They are quiet.

They are not going to share opinions without a lot of trush.

They are largely unaware of the potential of this country and each state.

They are generally more prone to be discourged by the hyperbolic B.S. on both sides.

Offline roamer_1

I hope to find and support orgs that don't participate in the hyperbolic garbage that is awash on the internet these days.

It is necessary because people are dropping away from the news and there is a great opportunity to fill that vaccum if it isn't name calling and conspiracy theories.

Good luck with that... I have already pretty well walked off. The truth lies dead in the streets and nobody gives a sh*t. It's all about the tongue waggers, gossipers, and 240 char punchline 'news'... A rumor takes flight and is headline news around the world in minutes.

I still trust Shapiro and Daily Wire pretty far. But he is the last bastion that I find myself believing without scrutiny. The rest - ALL the rest - Have been caught lying through their teeth, or at best not providing for due diligence.

So ping me if you find something reliable and unspun. Because in my mind, that is a unicorn.

Offline roamer_1

Please share how you think such tripe is being countered. 

I am always interested to learn what is out there....that I might be missing.

I am not going to go back through it all - This thread suffices. Plenty of links hereon counter the left-wing propaganda.
It just doesn't matter. Like I said, preaching to the choir. None of it crosses over to left wing news, and never will.

Offline roamer_1

You are not alone in not trusting anything.

In my estimation, this is where we have great opportunity.

To exploit that opportunity is to require truth in reporting from both sides. And that is not going to happen. The die is cast.

But if you come out and scream the election should be decrrtified....you lose a lot of your potential audience.

That depends upon the argument and your interpretation of what de-cert will do... I know it will not effect the presidential and vice presidential vote, as that cannot be de-certified. That has already been cast in stone.

But there is profit and justice in decertification otherwise, possibly from US House and Senate races all the way down to county dog catcher... And there are criminal and legal ramifications too. I think if your eye is on Tumpy regaining the White House, decertification is a fallacy. But for all the rest of what it will do...

I have been able to talk to lefties on a very even tone and discuss things in a way they don't consider (explained the 10th amendment and the concept of federalism to a woman from Minn about six months ago and she was floored.  She thought the idea that she could go to her state and make it a left wing Utopia was fantastic.  That Kansas didn't need to do the same for her to enjoy what she wanted....that made all the sense in the world to her. 

Then she asked how it was going in our effort to promote this stuff.

Imagine how I felt as I explained that today's federal GOP is just as corrupt as the federal dems in centralizing power and pushing in the direction of a complete nanny state.

There are many out there like her.

They are quiet.

They are not going to share opinions without a lot of trush.

They are largely unaware of the potential of this country and each state.

They are generally more prone to be discourged by the hyperbolic B.S. on both sides.

Like I said, good luck with that. The propaganda machines on BOTH sides will have to be deconstructed, and actual journalism insisted upon...And that is a fat chance kinda thing.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What crystal ball do you have that we don't that tells you how democrats will respond to securing election integrity ?

Please share.
Just their resistance to voter ID should be one serious clue.
Motor voter schemes, and mail out ballots are two others.
In the absence of assuring that the person is registered, alive, and identified, all can be used to facilitate fraudulent activity.
It is no accident that Democrats are opposed to such accountability.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In case it hadn't been previously posted, for those who want to decide for themselves.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

Just their resistance to voter ID should be one serious clue.
Motor voter schemes, and mail out ballots are two others.
In the absence of assuring that the person is registered, alive, and identified, all can be used to facilitate fraudulent activity.
It is no accident that Democrats are opposed to such accountability.

Just as they are opposed to de-certification.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just as they are opposed to de-certification.
The obvious problem is that those results should never have been certified in the first place.

In lieu of that, though, there are steps which could avoid all this unpleasantness, and they should be demanded.

Clearing voter rolls a month before the election of those who have died.
Removing those who have moved out of the precinct or county would be good.
Running a check through the records to look for multiple people at the same address might trip a flag here and there.

Verifying addresses to make sure there is something there besides a vacant lot, or at least a valid address.
If chains that deliver food orders can verify addresses (granted, they are not at 100%, but pretty close), I would think a board of elections could. If you live in the precinct, you should have a physical address, even if you get your mail at a box.

Verifying citizenship would be nice, too.

All this is aimed at verifying the eligibility of voters beforehand, especially if ballots are mailed out because: COVID, which will rear its head in time for the midterms, guaranteed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis