Author Topic: The COVID Caste System  (Read 67 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The COVID Caste System
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:18:25 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-covid-caste-system_4017041.html

The COVID Caste System
Dinesh D’Souza
September 27, 2021

NOTE: when reading articles at the Epoch Times, you should DISABLE javascript in your browser. This is easily done using free add-ons/extensions/plugins.

Excerpts:
Caste systems are not merely unjust; they are also ugly to behold. Commenting to me once on India’s caste system, when I was a child, my father said, “People in this country still use the word ‘untouchable,’ which is if you think about it a very unlovely term.” While India’s caste system persists despite being outlawed, America traditionally has not had a caste system.

Until now. We can see emerging, right here in America, a sharp divide between progressive elites and ordinary citizens. This divide can be seen in multiple areas. Progressive elites have high walls protecting their homes, even as they declare that “walls don’t work.” They have private security, even as they insist Americans don’t need guns to protect themselves. They somehow elude accountability even when they break the same laws that get ordinary citizens into major trouble.

Nowhere, however, is the new American caste system more evident than with COVID-19. Did you see Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) at the Met gala? The publicity focused on her “Tax the Rich” dress, but just as notable was the video, released by Vogue magazine, of AOC in full Cinderella mode, flanked by multiple attendants, straightening out her hair, fixing her dress, holding up the long train, adjusting her heels. They were all masked; she was not.

This was hardly an isolated case. Shortly before the Met gala, the Obamas held a massive party to celebrate Obama’s 60th birthday. Again, the guests that included political leaders, business moguls, and Hollywood celebrities were all unmasked. The chefs, the servers, the valets, and the other staff were all masked. An upper caste and a lower caste, both playing their roles in Obama’s large tent.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, also just had a birthday, and video showed a small, unventilated room in which Jayapal and her maskless friends all partied together. It was the same story with San Francisco mayor London Breed, who violated her own mask mandate while partying at a club. “I was feeling the spirit,” she explained, “and I wasn’t thinking about a mask.”

More at URL above...

Offline Kamaji

Re: The COVID Caste System
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 04:19:57 pm »
I see those signs every time I ride the LIRR, and I just ignore them.  So far, not a single LIRR employee, or a single cop, has said anything to me about not wearing a mask.

What's encouraging, to me, is that I'm beginning to see others ignoring the signs as well.