Author Topic: Meghan McCain irks liberals by appearing on NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’  (Read 125 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Meghan McCain irks liberals by appearing on NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’

Meghan McCain spent years irking liberals as the token conservative on "The View," but managed to continue bothering the left on Sunday simply by showing up on NBC’s "Meet the Press."

McCain walked away from "The View" last month because she enjoyed settling down in Washington, D.C. with her family since the coronavirus pandemic and didn't want to upend her life again for the New York-based program. Now a columnist for the Daily Mail, her appearance on Chuck Todd's Sunday show didn't delight progressive viewers.

Former CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien responded to video of Todd welcoming McCain to the program with a tweet that scolded "Meet the Press" for offering her a platform. 

"This young lady is not her father (though she likes to name him frequently). She lies on camera, she has zero value as a guest, certainly she’s go no credibility as a political talking head. And yet, Meet the Press fails by allowing her to lie on their air," O’Brien tweeted.

Harvard Law School professor Laurence Tribe agreed, responding that O’Brien "tells it like it is."

"Meet The Press has lousy standards," he wrote.

Author James Surowiecki added, "I know Meet the Press isn’t hallowed ground, but what has Meghan McCain ever done to deserve a spot on a panel talking about the politics of Biden’s infrastructure plan?"............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mccain-meet-the-press
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Re: Meghan McCain irks liberals by appearing on NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 10:20:27 pm »
Of all the reasons to object to McCain having "a platform." Does Soledad O'Brien still pretend to be an actual journalist?

I object to her having a platform because she knows nothing and adds nothing. Of course, that's never stopped the networks from featuring a variety of vapid pundits.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Meghan McCain irks liberals by appearing on NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 10:30:04 pm »
Since when has Soledad O'brien ever been seen (by anyone other than left wingers) as anything but a full blown hack.