Author Topic: Biden admin purges Lee Greenwood from national arts council; singer’s ‘God Bless the USA’ played at  (Read 257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden admin purges Lee Greenwood from national arts council; singer’s ‘God Bless the USA’ played at Trump rallies
September 26, 2021 | Jon Dougherty

The Biden administration’s purge of appointees to various government advisory boards by prior presidents — mostly Republicans — is continuing with the dismissal of country music great Lee Greenwood from the National Council on the Arts.

During an interview last week with “Fox & Friends,” Greenwood explained that he was initially appointed to the board by President George W. Bush then served throughout President Barack Obama’s two terms and President Donald Trump’s single term, adding he was shocked to get the letter advising him he was being replaced.

Greenwood, who wrote the country anthem “God Bless the USA,” which was a favorite of the late President Ronald Reagan and has become a fixture at Trump’s rallies, suspects that politics may be behind the decision to remove him from the arts council.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09/26/biden-admin-purges-lee-greenwood-from-national-arts-council-singers-god-bless-the-usa-played-at-trump-rallies-1140253/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Symptomatic of the problem elevating other than God fearing people to high positions of power.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why would anyone be surprised by a  pack of globalists objecting to a song with a title like "God Bless the USA"?

Just the title alone would be like fingernails scraping a blackboard to them. It stands for everything they hate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

A long time tactic of these jackals has been to punish anyone who associates with Trump - works for, contributes to, does business with, etc. The goal is to make it so that Trump can't assemble a functional team (something he's awful at anyway), and therefore will be at a huge disadvantage. It's also a not-so-subtle message to anyone considering supporting a non establishment candidate in the future.

Offline skeeter

I’m not wild about the song (reminds me of HW Bush) but we’re dealing with small, hateful people here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:51:43 am by skeeter »

Offline Hoodat

I’m not wild about the song (reminds me of HW Bush) but we’re dealing with small, hateful people here.

Now you understand how the nazis were able to kill six million Jews.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-