Author Topic: Hochul considering deployment of National Guard to address health worker shortage  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hochul considering deployment of National Guard to address health worker shortage
By Rachel Scully - 09/25/21 09:11 PM EDT

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) is considering deploying the medically trained members of the National Guard ahead of an anticipated shortage of health care workers.

Hochul released a comprehensive plan to address staff shortages in New York facilities Saturday, amid concerns that a large number of health care employees will not meet Monday's vaccine deadline.

"We are still in a battle against COVID to protect our loved ones, and we need to fight with every tool at our disposal," Hochul said, according to a release on the state website. "I am monitoring the staffing situation closely, and we have a plan to increase our health care workforce and help alleviate the burdens on our hospitals and other health care facilities.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/573957-ny-governor-considering-deployment-of-national-guard-to-address-health
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Good lord.  We clearly went from frying pan to fire with this bitch.

In a few months, we'll all be looking back with nostalgia at those wonderful Cuomo years.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
NY can have their influx of Holiday Inn express M.D's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How about adding a Hospital ship to the mix sweet cheeks?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

How about adding a Hospital ship to the mix sweet cheeks?

There ya go; I'm sure it'll be put to good use like the last ship that was sent into the area.    *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There ya go; I'm sure it'll be put to good use like the last ship that was sent into the area.    *****rollingeyes*****

If Biden orders it then it A-ok

Offline libertybele

If Biden orders it then it A-ok

Of course, what could possibly go wrong??  :silly:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Relax, NY.  Luckily you'll be getting all the high skilled labor from Afghanistan and Haiti to ease the shortages.

Offline libertybele

Relax, NY.  Luckily you'll be getting all the high skilled labor from Afghanistan and Haiti to ease the shortages.

888high58888

Online ironhorsedriver

Man, I've never seen such misuse of the Guard as there has been lately. These guys may as well give up on civilian jobs.

Offline mountaineer

Letter: Hochul is shapeshifting into a far-left Democrat

Recently many of us had high hopes Kathy Hochul would be a good, moderate clear-thinking governor. Now, minds are changing. I mean, look who she appointed lieutenant governor, a fist shaking, loud talking downstate liberal activist. It was really a sight to see. Hochul on one side of him and Al Sharpton on the other. Mark my words, they will turn “our Kathy” into the next Gretchen Whitmer.

I mean look at the rhetoric that is coming out of her already.

Pushing for mask and vaccine mandates. What’s next? Lockdowns? ...  Buffalo News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

What if the NG replacements are not vaxxed? 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In a few months, we'll all be looking back with nostalgia at those wonderful Cuomo years.
Slow down, there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Recently many of us had high hopes Kathy Hochul would be a good, moderate clear-thinking governor."
(from The Buffalo News)

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Show of hands, please.
Who really thought Cuomo's "successor" would be any better?

You did ????
Really.....????

Offline mountaineer

New York governor declares ‘disaster emergency’ amid staffing shortage crisis prompted by vaccine resisters
New restrictions in New York went into effect Monday, but tens of thousands of health-care workers are believed to have refused vaccination
By Eli Rosenberg
Today at 8:38 a.m. EDT

Tens of thousands of health-care workers in New York are likely to have refused a coronavirus vaccine before a state requirement went into effect on Monday, serving as a preview of resistance that the Biden administration’s vaccine requirements will face on a bigger scale in coming weeks.

Resistance to the coronavirus vaccines means large numbers of health-care workers could face dismissals or unpaid leaves of absence in the state, exacerbating an already existing labor shortage in the critical world of medical care during the pandemic.

The Biden administration, meanwhile, is writing its own vaccine requirements, which would apply to a much larger group of workers, effectively anyone working at a firm with more than 100 employees. The clash in New York could presage much bigger confrontations around the country in coming weeks as the Biden administration tries to roll out its new policies and resistance to government measures to mitigate the pandemic animates the country’s right wing. ...
Washington Post

Keith Freedom Fighter & Consultant
@kerwood
As a former healthcare worker & first responder let me leave you with this: if 70,000 healthcare workers are willing to be fired rather than take a mandatory shot - what does that say to you?
12:27 AM · Sep 28, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org