Author Topic: 1776 or 1619: Why it Really, Really, Matters  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
1776 or 1619: Why it Really, Really, Matters
« on: September 26, 2021, 01:04:19 pm »
September 26, 2021
1776 or 1619: Why it Really, Really, Matters
By Andrew W. Coy

There has been a great deal of consternation, anger, and vitriol the last two years arguing about two specific dates: 1776 or 1619.  Most Americans, regardless of race, know what 1776 is about.  Most Americans, regardless of race, do not know what 1619 is about.  Most Americans believe that in 1776 America declared independence from the mother country, England, and thus that was the birth date of our country: 1776.  However, author Nikole Hannah-Jones, writing in the New York Times Magazine, recently declared 1619 to be the actual beginning of America, our supposed birth date.  This is because 1619 is when the first slaves landed in what was later to become America.  That author uses 1619 as America's birth date, to not just highlight the date of the first slaves into the colonies.  But much more importantly, she vigorously claims that because of this date, America has been evil since its inception. And that everything in America since 1619, is corrupt and damaged goods.  She believes the United States is irredeemable because of 1619.  To this day, The New York Times Magazine has still refused to correct mistakes and errors in their story on the 1619 Project.  Why? 

It is very important to really understand what the 1619 Project and 1619 date is all about.  The author, Hannah-Jones is arguing that since America actually started in 1619 (not 1776), that date when the first slaves arrived into the yet independent United States, then actually America's birth is evil from the crib.  Evil from birth.  Evil from inception.  And thus is unjustifiable to remain.  Some argue the author is using 1619 to support and endorse reparations for the descendants of slaves in America.  In other words, Hannah-Jones wants the federal government to "pay up" to the decedents of slavery.  Although, others would argue that since the 1960s, America has been doing just that.  Some would argue that the United States is paying reparations since the '60s via welfare, food stamps, unemployment checks, public education, public housing, racially based affirmative action in hiring, Medicaid and the like.  Regardless of that argument, the problem with 1619 Project goes much further than that; and a great deal deeper and long-lasting.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/09/1776_or_1619_why_it_really_really_matters.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 1776 or 1619: Why it Really, Really, Matters
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 01:22:01 pm »
I will pay the  first descendent of a black slave who shows up at my front door, a million dollars for every slave I have ever owned. 

This newlly minted phenomenam of compensating any people have been wronged in history is a preposterous notion.  It is setting a dangerous precedence that will blow the world up if anything like this EVER gets any traction.  There are hundreds maybe thousands of societal norms the past 2000 years where one people highly wronged another. 

And I for one, see this as grfting on a massive scale.   And using our tax dollars to fund this scam, just might be the match to invoke a taxpayer revolt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 02:09:44 pm »
Every gov effort to help Blacks improve their lot in life has had the opposite effect.  Poverty increased. Intact Families disintegrated.  Mobility to leave the big city jungles and integrate was disincentivized.  But the Rats plan to keep them on the plantation sure did work.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 02:17:06 pm »
Does Ms. Hannah-Jones bother to mention who actually owned the first slaves in the American colonies?  I seriously doubt it, so I will tell you.  It was a black man in Virginia by the name of Anthony Johnson who was himself a former indentured servant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 02:25:58 pm »
Does Ms. Hannah-Jones bother to mention who actually owned the first slaves in the American colonies?  I seriously doubt it, so I will tell you.  It was a black man in Virginia by the name of Anthony Johnson who was himself a former indentured servant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

@Bigun
The 1st known case of cultural appropriation by the white man in the history of the New World.  /s 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:27:03 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 05:13:21 pm »
Look at it as just another attempt by the takers to fleece the producers, and it all becomes clearer. Hannah-Jones and her ilk are just the usual thieves trying to avoid having to work for a living. Robbing gullible people is a lot easier.