Author Topic: Journalist who photographed border patrol agents on horseback debunks media and Biden's claims that  (Read 124 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Journalist who photographed border patrol agents on horseback debunks media and Biden's claims that Haitian migrants were 'whipped'
Post Millennial, Sep 24, 2021

On Thursday, the photographer behind the images of Border Patrol agents on horseback set the record straight on what exactly those viral photos depict.

The photos, which were taken on Sunday, were mistakenly said to have depicted the agents on horseback with whips in their hands, causing outrage.

Photographer Paul Ratje, speaking with KTSM, said that he and his colleagues taking photos that day never saw any of the agents whipping the Haitian migrants they were moving.

Ratje, who is a photographer based in Las Cruces, New Mexico, said he took the photographs from the Mexico side.

"Some of the Haitian men started running, trying to go around the horses," Ratje said.

"I didn't ever see them whip anyone with the thing," Ratje said. "He was swinging it, but I didn't see him actually whip someone with it. Those definitely can be misconstrued when you're looking at the picture."

These photos drew harsh criticism from leaders who mistook the split reins on the horses for whips, with President Joe Biden claiming earlier on Friday that Border Patrol agents "strapped" the Haitian migrants during that interaction on Sunday.

More w/video:
https://thepostmillennial.com/journalist-who-photographed-border-patrol-agents-on-horseback-debunks-media-and-bidens-claims-that-haitian-migrants-were-whipped?utm_campaign=64483

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 02:09:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

rangerrebew

Video Reveals What Happened During Border Patrol ‘Whipping’ Incident

VARUN HUKERIGENERAL ASSIGNMENT & ANALYSIS REPORTER
September 24, 20215:44 PM ET

The Associated Press on Friday released video footage of the now-viral incident between a mounted Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agent and a Haitian migrant, which some claimed depicted the border patrol agent whipping the migrant.

AP reporter Sarah Blake Morgan, who said she was at the Rio Grande River, where groups of Haitian migrants have been attempting to enter the U.S. in recent weeks, shared the video on Twitter. The footage seems to indicate the whips are in fact reins, a claim that has since been corroborated by others.

Sorting through my footage from the border. I was in the river during the viral incident between a Haitian migrant and mounted CBP agent. It's shaky - but here's what I captured.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/video-reveals-what-happened-during-border-patrol-%91whipping%92-incident-388721/

It doesn't matter to the media.  It will still be a whipping. :headbang: