Author Topic: Justin Trudeau hit by stones on campaign trail  (Read 302 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Justin Trudeau hit by stones on campaign trail
« on: September 07, 2021, 09:45:35 pm »
Justin Trudeau hit by stones on campaign trail

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been hit by gravel thrown by protesters during a campaign stop.

He was returning to his bus after visiting a brewery when he was pelted by gravel. He was not injured.

Mr Trudeau called a snap election in mid-August, in the hope of gaining a majority government for his left-of-centre Liberal party.

But his campaign has been disrupted by demonstrations against Covid-19 vaccine mandates and other restrictions.

Just over a week ago, the prime minister was forced to cancel an election rally after a crowd of angry protesters ambushed the event.

Speaking to journalists on his campaign plane after the incident in London, Ontario, Mr Trudeau said he may have been hit on the shoulder.

According to a reporter with Canada's CTV National News, two people travelling on a media bus were also hit by the gravel, although they were not injured.

On Tuesday, the Liberal leader called the actions of the protestors "absolutely unacceptable".

"Nobody should be doing their jobs under the threats of violence or acts that put them in danger," he said during a Montreal campaign stop. "But it's not just political rallies where this is happening."

Provincial politicians, public health officials, restaurant owners and healthcare workers have faced harassment in incidents across the country in recent weeks.

Erin O'Toole, the leader of the opposition Conservative Party, described the incident as "disgusting".

"Political violence is never justified and our media must be free from intimidation, harassment, and violence," he tweeted.

Mr Trudeau's plans for vaccine mandates have become a a key issue ahead of the 20 September election..............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58472456
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Justin Trudeau hit by stones on campaign trail
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 09:47:02 pm »
His father, Fidel would be proud of his little boy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 09:57:45 pm »
Everybody must get stoned...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 12:21:17 am »
Everybody must get stoned...

I never liked Dylan. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 12:32:56 am »
I never liked Dylan.

Nope, never cared for him either, nor Petty; but "Everybody Must Get Stoned"  (couldn't resist)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0MJ4pVxylk
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 01:23:28 am »
I never liked Dylan.

Me neither, but I liked Rainy Day Woman.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 01:35:22 am »
Me neither, but I liked Rainy Day Woman.
I found her kind of slippery.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 02:13:33 am »
Canadians need bigger rocks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
Canada Election: Trudeau Pelted With Stones as Protests Continue Along the Campaign Trail

Chris Tomlinson 8 Sep 2021

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was targeted by protesters throwing what appears to be handfuls of gravel — small stones — during the latest demonstration the Liberal Party leader has faced on the campaign trail.

Mr Trudeau was attending a campaign event in London, Ontario, on Monday when he and his entourage were confronted by yet another protest that saw some in the crowd throw rocks or gravel at him as he attempted to get on his campaign bus.

According to a report from Canadian public broadcaster CBC, which identified the projectiles as gravel, Mr Trudeau spoke about the incident a short time later, saying that he had not been injured.

The incident is the first time since the start of the Canadian election campaign that protesters have attempted to physically assault the Liberal leader. But Trudeau has been followed by protests across the country during the campaign, some of which have led to the cancellation of election events over alleged safety concerns.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/09/08/trudeau-hit-by-gravel-as-protests-continue-along-the-campaign-trail/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 01:20:27 pm »
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was targeted by protesters throwing what appears to be handfuls of gravel — small stones

Seems appropriate for a leader with such small stones.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 02:16:23 pm »
Can someone please explain to me how under a parliamentarian system the Conservatives receive more votes than the Liberals, but end up with less seats?  Or how the Alliance party can receive more votes than the Green Party, yet end up with no seats while the Greens get two?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 03:19:15 pm »
Hit by stones? Maybe Canadians were just trying to tell him to grow a pair.