Author Topic: Uma Thurman’s Abortion Story Reveals the Tragedy of ‘Choice’  (Read 73 times)

Online Hoodat

Uma Thurman’s Abortion Story Reveals the Tragedy of ‘Choice’
« on: September 24, 2021, 01:02:14 pm »
Uma Thurman’s Abortion Story Reveals the Tragedy of ‘Choice’

Katie Yoder   |   Sep 24, 2021   |   12:01 AM

Abortion activists and many in the media are applauding actress Uma Thurman for writing publicly about her abortion. Her story, they claimed, supported abortion. But if they had taken a closer look, it revealed something else: heartbreak, pain, and tragedy.

On Sept. 21, the Washington Post published an opinion piece with the headline reading “Uma Thurman: The Texas abortion law is a human rights crisis for American women.” Inside, the 51-year-old actress reacted to the new state law limiting abortion “with great sadness, and something akin to horror.” But she spent most of her time telling her own abortion story.

Her abortion was the “path to the life full of joy and love that I have experienced,” she wrote, and it “allowed me to grow up and become the mother I wanted and needed to be.” It also broke her.  .  .  .

https://townhall.com/columnists/katieyoder/2021/09/24/uma-thurmans-abortion-story-reveals-the-tragedy-of-choice-n2596422

Excellent article.  In an attempt to celebrate 'choice', Thurman unintentionally reveals that she was not given a choice.  As a teenager, she was given one option and one option only - an option that went against her own personal desire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Re: Uma Thurman’s Abortion Story Reveals the Tragedy of ‘Choice’
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 01:07:38 pm »
These were her circumstances, as she explained it: She didn’t have a relationship with the father. She didn’t have her family’s support to keep her baby. She didn’t have the financial means for a stable home.

She sought an abortion, she wrote, but her “heart was broken nonetheless.” In other words, she seemed to say, abortion was her choice because she didn’t feel like she had a choice – the choice to pursue what she initially wanted: “the baby.” Her baby.

With the help of a friend, she obtained an abortion in Germany. More than 30 years later, the memory still haunts her.

“There is so much pain in this story,” she admitted. “It has been my darkest secret until now.”

“The abortion I had as a teenager was the hardest decision of my life, one that caused me anguish then and that saddens me even now,” she said, confessing to “the hole that this decision carved in me.”

Never once have I heard a mother declare that she was filled with sadness for over three decades from the time she gave birth to a child.  Enough with the lies.  People need to learn the truth about abortion.  It hurts women.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Uma Thurman’s Abortion Story Reveals the Tragedy of ‘Choice’
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:27:41 pm »
It “plays into this false narrative that women who choose abortion are traumatized by it,” she complained. “It's simply not true. Plenty of women are fine with their decision, feel no shame or guilt, and move on.”

The fact that such women exist horrifies me.  But I have no doubt what she says is true.  The first objective of the "pro choice" movement is to create such heartless monsters.