Author Topic: NYC Democrats Seek to Give Voting Rights to Nearly 1 Million Non-Citizens  (Read 185 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYC Democrats Seek to Give Voting Rights to Nearly 1 Million Non-Citizens

John Binder 23 Sep 2021

Democrats on the New York City Council are eyeing a plan to allow nearly a million non-citizens the ability to vote in local city elections.

The plan, backed by 34 Democrats on the 51-member New York City Council, would allow non-citizens with green cards, visas, and work authorization to vote in city elections so long as they have resided in New York City for at least 30 consecutive days.

The plan indicates that legal immigrants on green cards or an employment visa who have lived in New York City for at least a month would be able to vote for mayor, comptroller, public advocate borough presidents, council members, and changes to city policy.

Ydanis Rodriguez, a Democrat councilmember who represents the Washington Heights neighborhood in Manhattan, told NY1 that “we need to recognize the contributions of our immigrant brothers and sisters” by giving non-citizens city-wide voting rights.

“This is not about doing a favor to immigrants by allowing them to vote,” Rodriguez said. “If they pay their taxes, as I did when I had my green card, then they should have a right to elect their local leaders.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/23/new-york-city-democrats-seek-voting-rights-nearly-1m-non-citizens/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NYC Democrats Seek to Give Voting Rights to Nearly 1 Million Non-Citizens
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 12:29:48 pm »
Meh. They're just tired of filling out all those ballots themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 12:35:40 pm »
Meh. They're just tired of filling out all those ballots themselves.

No need to print NY ballots in English either.  Saves money on printing costs
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 10:42:43 pm »
The only way to stop this is by Constitutional Amendment which mandates that ALL votes in ALL elections conducted within the borders of the United States be those of natural-born citizens or naturalized citizens.

But it's probably too late for that now.
At least in the currently existing 50-state "union"...