Author Topic: Pelosi vows to avert government shutdown  (Read 168 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi vows to avert government shutdown
« on: September 23, 2021, 07:12:58 pm »
Pelosi vows to avert government shutdown
By Mike Lillis - 09/23/21 12:15 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) vowed Thursday that Congress will find a way to avert a government shutdown next week, dismissing threats from Senate Republicans who intend to block the legislation.

"Whatever it is, we will have a CR that passes both houses by Sept. 30," Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol, referring to the short-term spending bill known as a continuing resolution.

The House on Tuesday passed a legislative package to extend government funding through Dec. 3 and provide emergency funds for resettling Afghan refugees and responding to a series of natural disasters around the U.S. On its own, that package has broad bipartisan support.

But Democratic leaders also attached language to suspend the debt limit in the face of warnings that the Treasury Department will exhaust its borrowing authority sometime next month. A government default, economists of all stripes have warned, would tank the U.S. economy and send reverberations around the globe.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/573622-pelosi-vows-to-avert-government-shutdown
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 07:16:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Pelosi vows to avert government shutdown
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:32:41 pm »
Even if there is a shutdown, she will ignore it, as she proved by visiting her hairdresser.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:25:36 pm »
Well Queen Nancy does believe that she is the most powerful person in government so she probably believes she has the power to anything, she certainly acts like it and no republican has tried to stop her yet.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 09:32:53 pm »

I  plan to avert a government shutdown at the end of September by passing a “short-term” budget bill that maintains sharp automatic spending cuts, known as the sequester.

-------John Andrew Boehner

August 22, 2013

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:36:06 am »
Nancy, like many pathological liar democrats love to speak in opposites to con and fool people.  How about not this time?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions