Author Topic: House Dem Broke Down in Tears in Oval Office Meeting  (Read 135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dem Broke Down in Tears in Oval Office Meeting
« on: September 24, 2021, 01:44:07 pm »
House Dem Broke Down in Tears in Oval Office Meeting
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 9:05 AM

Rep. Pramila Jayapal reportedly broke down in tears during a meeting at the White House this week.

While discussing the reconciliation bill with President Biden, the Washington Democrat got emotional when discussing the inclusion of a pathway to citizenship, using her background to sell her case.

“She said, ‘I’m the first South Asian woman ever elected to the House … and one of only two dozen immigrants in Congress … as an immigrant woman of color, I just want to share my perspective,” Jayapal spokesperson CHRIS EVANS confirmed. “She has a unique story as an immigrant — but also coming at 16, and to be sitting at the White House delivering what would be a transformational investment in social programs, it will be a moment she will remember forever.”

Another source in the room interpreted the tears as a sign that Jayapal was overwhelmed by the situation and “feeling the pressure.” Evans countered: “It’s hard to get overwhelmed in a non-confrontational meeting. I could see someone getting overwhelmed if they were demanded to do something, but that didn’t happen.” (Politico Playbook)

Republicans joked that it's a strange turn of events after reports that she allegedly mistreats her staff.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/09/24/jayapal-broke-down-in-tears-in-oval-office-n2596418
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Dem Broke Down in Tears in Oval Office Meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 01:49:52 pm »
Cueing Hallmark channel sad violin serenades in 4..3..2...1.,,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:59:02 pm »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 02:01:19 pm »
Someone please run to the Kwik-E-Mart and have Apu make her a Slurpee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:01:48 pm »
“She said, ‘I’m the first South Asian woman ever elected to the House …

Patsy Mink
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-