Author Topic: Schumer announces Senate-House deal on tax 'framework' for $3.5T package  (Read 105 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer announces Senate-House deal on tax 'framework' for $3.5T package
By Alexander Bolton - 09/23/21 11:20 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Thursday morning announced that the Senate, House and White House have reached a deal on a “framework” to pay for the massive human infrastructure spending package they hope to pass this fall under budget reconciliation.

“The White House, the House and the Senate have reached an agreement on a framework that will pay for any final negotiated agreement. So the revenue side of this, we have an agreement on,” Schumer announced at a joint press conference with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.

Schumer briefed reporters on the details of the agreement after the press conference.

"We had a meeting with Secretary Yellen and White House people. Myself, Speaker Pelosi, Chairman Neal and Chairman Wyden. And we reached an agreement on a framework, menu of options that will pay for any final negotiated agreement," he said.

A senior Democratic aide familiar with the agreement said it's an understanding between Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/573605-schumer-announces-senate-house-deal-on-tax-framework-for-35t-package
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Schumer announces Senate-House deal on tax 'framework' for $3.5T package
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 03:44:31 pm »
Yeah, print it like Mugabe:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 03:49:20 pm »
Liberal meeting of the minds... this outta be good...  9999hair out0000

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 03:51:42 pm »

It's a framework about nothing.

Schumer announces Senate-House deal on tax 'framework' for $3.5T package

... The deal does not include a top-line revenue number or a top-line spending number, the aide said.

White House officials and congressional leaders have agreed that Wyden and Neal will use the House Ways and Means Committee’s tax proposal combined with a few “Senate ideas” that were left out of Neal’s mark last week.

That menu of tax proposals will be used as the template for negotiations with moderates such Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on the reconciliation package and how to pay for it. ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 04:47:29 pm »
Taxpayer's prep kit  for the "framework"

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.