Author Topic: Pentagon: ‘We’re Aware’ of Reports of Afghan Refugees in U.S. Facing Food, Clothing Shortages, Haras  (Read 143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon: ‘We’re Aware’ of Reports of Afghan Refugees in U.S. Facing Food, Clothing Shortages, Harassing Women

Kristina Wong 22 Sep 2021

The Pentagon on Wednesday acknowledged that Afghan refugees are facing problems at U.S. military bases where they are being held until they are screened and released.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said the Pentagon is “certainly aware” of reports that Afghan refugees lack food and clothing, and that some women are being harassed by former Afghan soldiers. Kirby said:

We’re certainly aware of these reports [and] we take it very, very seriously. There are — the — especially in a place like Fort McCoy with winter coming on, and so, NORTHCOM is very mindful of the needs of the weather and the climate and making sure that the evacuees have a safe, clean, warm living environment while they continue this processing.

But we’re mindful about this at all installations here domestically that we have a responsibility to provide that kind of an environment for these individuals and their families to be able to subsist while they continue to work through the immigration process. And again, we’re taking it seriously. I know of no specific request today to conduct an investigation, but the secretary is certainly mindful of the reports.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/22/pentagon-were-aware-of-reports-of-afghan-refugees-in-u-s-facing-food-clothing-shortages-harassing-women/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

It was good enough for our troops....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Coming to a town near me ...

'All hands on deck' Acton prepares for influx of Afghan refugees

About 1,000 will come to Massachusetts sometime over the next several months. They will arrive with a one-time stipend paid to a relief agency, and little else. They will need housing, financial support and culturally-competent food.

Because the bulk of the emigres are not legally designated refugees -  they are parolees or humanitarian evacuees - they do not qualify for federal benefits and many will come without work permits or green cards, limiting their income opportunities.

"They will depend on community support,"  said Malika MacDonald, director of the New England Field Office of the Islamic Circle of North America Relief USA. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.