Author Topic: Hillary Clinton should apologize for biggest political hoax since Titus Oates  (Read 132 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
By Michael Barone

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-should-apologize-for-biggest-political-hoax-since-titus-oates/ar-AAOIxiO?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

It’s the biggest political hoax since Titus Oates’s allegations of a “Popish plot” to assassinate King Charles II in 1678. Oates’s charge of a Jesuit conspiracy swept through London and led to the execution of four innocent men before Oates was proved a fraud.

The full consequences of the great political hoax of our time — the charge that Donald Trump was colluding with Russia — are not yet fully apparent.

Yet they are surely serious. We have heard from many Democrats and those in media that Trump’s charges that he actually won the election of 2020 tend to delegitimize the government and distort the political process. They have a point.

It stretches things to call the streaming of Trump supporters into the Capitol January 6 an “insurrection,” but as I wrote at the time, Trump’s words that day “were uttered with a reckless disregard that they would provoke violence, which any reasonable person could find impeachable.”

But Trump is not the only losing candidate who has cast doubt on an election result recently. And while he has faced the derision of most of the news media and the disagreement of some in his party, that wasn’t true of the utterly baseless charges that Trump colluded with Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

It took some time for Oates’s Popish plot to be revealed as a hoax and for many who believed it to acknowledge it as such. The Russia collusion hoax now seems to be unraveling, but we have yet to see many confessions of error from Democrats or their friends in the press.

The latest in the unraveling comes in special counsel John Durham’s indictment of Democratic lawyer Michael Sussman for lying to the FBI general counsel when he denied he was acting “for any client” in forwarding bogus documents that supposedly showed communications between Trump’s business and a Russian bank.

Sussman is entitled in court to the presumption of innocence. But the facts alleged in the 27-page indictment are powerful evidence of a concerted attempt by the Hillary Clinton campaign, including those reporting to the candidate herself, to delegitimize the candidacy and, after his surprise victory, the presidency of Donald Trump by charges as false as those of Titus Oates.

“Here is where the prosecutor appears to be going,” writes former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy in the New York Post. “The Trump-Russia collusion narrative was essentially a fabrication of the Clinton campaign that was peddled to the FBI (among other government agencies) and to the media by the agents of the Clinton campaign — particularly, its lawyers [including Sussman] at Perkins Coie — who concealed the fact that they were quite intentionally working on the campaign’s behalf.”

The agents include the investigative firm Fusion GPS and the purported Russia expert Christopher Steele. During the campaign, the FBI obtained a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act wiretapping warrant on Trump adviser Carter Page, and therefore access to the whole campaign. After Trump took office, an FBI lawyer lied to the FISA Court to renew the warrant; he was indicted by Durham and pleaded guilty, though astonishingly he was given no jail time.

The Clinton campaign’s duplicitous encouragement of an FBI investigation led to an October 2016 Slate story —......

Continued at link

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Couldn't happen to a more deserving sow.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If I recall Hillary's apology was something to the effect "What difference does it make"?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I recall Hillary's apology was something to the effect "What difference does it make"?

@libertybele

I THINK the total quote was "At this point,what difference does it make?",accompanied by a shrug.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Yeah, somebody should give hitlery a conscience so she could realize how corrupt and wicked she is.  Now whose gonna give her a conscience?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It would only be an acknowledgement of the presence of new people pulling the strings, and Hillary her ownself not being a force going forward. Sacred Cows do not get made into burger.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis