Author Topic: Woodward: The One ‘Courageous Person’ in Trump’s Circle Was Gen. Milley  (Read 1122 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Woodward: The One ‘Courageous Person’ in Trump’s Circle Was Gen. Milley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kycr8iJi6bA&ab_channel=TheLateShowwithStephenColbert

Trent Baker 22 Sep 2021

Tuesday on  CBS’s “The Late Show,” journalist Bob Woodward discussed his book, “Peril,” which details the transition from President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden.

According to Woodward, the “one courageous person” in Trump’s circle who did something was Gen. Mark Milley, who reportedly operated behind the president’s back and even told China he would warn them ahead of an attack.

“How many of the people talking to you for this book are trying to rehabilitate their own image by saying, ‘I always thought it was bad. I pushed back?'” host Stephen Colbert asked Woodward.

“Some, yes, no question about that. And the one courageous person who did something was General Milley,” Woodward said to applause. “He said, ‘I am going to…’ I mean, there is a scene in the book, which took our breaths away, I think, when Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the House, second in line for the presidency, calls General Milley, and we have a transcript of it, and says, ‘General Milley, you know Trump is crazy. He is, you know, he is dangerously crazy. How are we going to control nuclear weapons?’ And Milley says, “Oh, don’t worry, we have procedures,’ and so forth. And she is pounding on him real hard. And it’s a classic Washington moment phone call. And to have a transcript. So you see not the b.s., but what they’re really saying to each other. And then after the call, Milley thinks, ‘You know, she’s right. We better worry about Trump.’ And so he calls in the colonels and one-star generals and admirals into his office from the War Room in the Pentagon … and he says, ‘All right, we have these procedures. Don’t take a call from the president without me being involved.'”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/22/woodward-the-one-courageous-person-in-trumps-circle-was-gen-milley/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
‘All right, we have these procedures. Don’t take a call from the president without me being involved.'”

What more proof of treason do you need beyond his own words?

Generals in America,do NOT make policy. That's what we elect politicians to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

What more proof of treason do you need beyond his own words?

Generals in America,do NOT make policy. That's what we elect politicians to do.
They must protect the country from the very BAD orange man.

Offline skeeter

They must protect the country from the very BAD orange man.
I agree, watching the ongoing destruction of the country its really hard not to be bitter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What Milley and now it turns out his Deputy and now Army Chief of Staff GEN McConville did should worry EVERY American regardless of their political leanings.  There is a very good reason we have civilian control over the military.  And What Milley and Co. did behind the scenes is that reason.

Milley and any Go or Senior officer that knew about this and didn't report it or hand a hand in making those orders happen need to be Courts Martialed and if convicted spend some time at Leavenworth.

Any GS or SES civilian that was a party to this and didn't report it or enforced the orders needs to be arrested and tried for subversion and treason.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess in this dipshit's eyes, Benedict Arnold was a US Revolutionary patriot also.

That colluding with the enemy thingy.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I guess in this dipshit's eyes, Benedict Arnold was a US Revolutionary patriot also.

That colluding with the enemy thingy.....
Imagine the scoops this phony could report if he decided to turn his journalistic instincts on a democrat administration, say, Biden.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Imagine the scoops this phony could report if he decided to turn his journalistic instincts on a democrat administration, say, Biden.

That would infer nuetral ideological honesty.  There is not one honest bone in that mofo.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What Milley and now it turns out his Deputy and now Army Chief of Staff GEN McConville did should worry EVERY American regardless of their political leanings.  There is a very good reason we have civilian control over the military. And What Milley and Co. did behind the scenes is that reason.

@txradioguy

You have a typo that caused you to misspell "treason".

Milley and any Go or Senior officer that knew about this and didn't report it or hand a hand in making those orders happen need to be Courts Martialed and if convicted spend some time at Leavenworth.

Any GS or SES civilian that was a party to this and didn't report it or enforced the orders needs to be arrested and tried for subversion and treason.

YES,YES!

Offline EdinVA

And we have no reason to believe that was the ONLY thing he said to the chinese.... wonder what else was discussed???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Woodward: The One ‘Courageous Person’ in Trump’s Circle Was Gen. Milley
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 03:34:09 pm »
And we have no reason to believe that was the ONLY thing he said to the chinese.... wonder what else was discussed???

@EdinVA

"Gimme sum money and I will tell you more!"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 04:47:30 pm »
Now I know why Woodhead put that in the book about Milley calling the CCP.  He thinks it's a wonderful thing that Milley did that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 12:23:36 am »
Colluding with the enemy, and what is more, doing so on the basis of a delusion.  Even were his actions not treasonous, Milley's lack of political and strategic discernment in even thinking that the one President since Jimmy Carter to not start a war, who as a matter of policy had been winding down the ongoing military campaigns we were involved in, would start a war by an act aggression during his lame duck period should disqualify him from command responsibilities at an level above division commander.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 01:25:45 pm »
Woodward Defends Milley — He Thought Trump Might Cause a ‘Pearl Harbor’

Pam Key 28 Sep 2021

Author Bob Woodward said Tuesday on CNN’s “The Lead” that General Mark Milley feared former President Donald Trump could have caused a “Pearl Harbor” with China in the last days of his presidency.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “When Milley hung up, you write, he was convinced the situation was grave. General Li, Milley’s Chinese counterpart, remained unusually rattled, putting the two nations on the knife-edge of disaster. From your reporting, how close was the U.S. to some military conflict?”

Woodward said, “Well, Milley’s whole point in this is that miscommunication is the seed of war.”

Tapper asked, “Do you think if General Milley, based on your reporting, had not made that call, had not made that effort to convince General Li, his counterpart, not to overreact, do you think it’s possible that something might have happened?”

Woodward said, “Milley felt that’s the case. And if you look at this and you go to the environment, the first call was October 30, four days before the election, the most contentious election in modern history, and Trump was out there accusing China. It’s the China virus. He was saying things about the election. And all of a sudden, you get, which Milley acknowledged today, very sensitive intelligence that the Chinese think we’re going to attack them. That is the disaster environment for somebody in the military.”

He continued, “As Milley told his senior staff, you might wind up getting a Pearl Harbor where someone will make the first move. We don’t know what would have happened if he hadn’t done this, but if you look at — these are reasonable precautions. We found no evidence, and Bob Costa and I had months to look at this, that Milley had done anything other than what he felt in a crisis moment was, I’m going to do the maximum amount to protect the country.”

Woodward added, “When this is all washed out, those who are saying that General Milley actually was treasonous in what he did, I think are going to owe the general an apology.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/28/woodward-defends-milley-he-thought-trump-might-cause-a-pearl-harbor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 01:40:33 pm »
I don't give a damn what he thought, his JOB is advise the president and then keep his mouth shut and do what he is told!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 01:42:15 pm »
Great timing from Woodward.  Maybe one of the GOP senators might ask Smilley if he said this.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!

BLOWHARD WOODWORD HAS USED UP HIS 15 MIN OF FAME LONG AGO. BE NICE IF HE STFU.

MILLEY WAS A TRAITOR, DISINGENUOUS, ARROGANT, DEVIOUS, WORSE THAN WORTHLESS, & DESERVES TO BE ARRESTED & TRIED, IF NOT HUNG.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 08:56:44 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/