Author Topic: We Live in Paradise by Ben Stein  (Read 60 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We Live in Paradise by Ben Stein
« on: September 21, 2021, 01:42:12 pm »
We Live in Paradise
Count on the Left to miss the obvious.
by Ben Stein
September 20, 2021, 10:30 PM

Morning at my fabulous apartment at the Watergate. It’s foggy outside. But inside it’s glorious. I’ll be selling it soon. I almost never use it. The maintenance fees are staggering. The pandemic has pretty much shut down the whirl of events that used to bring me to D.C. Even old friends from long ago don’t want to leave their homes to break bread with me. A man who has been my pal since 1956 will not leave Bethesda to see me. Only fearless brave David Scull, a major legal power in the city, is unafraid.

However, I have other plans. I’m going to my favorite small town on this earth, Oxford, Maryland, on the Eastern Sho’. It’s an awesomely cute town on the Tred Avon River just exactly where the Tred Avon intersects the Chesapeake Bay. No neons. No shopping centers. No billboards. Empty sidewalks. Awesome views of the water.

My pal Bob and my pal Mickey and my nurse for my bum knee, Jeff, and I went to a restaurant called Doc’s, right on the water. I had fabulous sashimi and watched the geese flying over the water.

Mickey comes from Vietnam. She’s been in the U.S. twenty years and loves it a lot.

more
https://spectator.org/we-live-in-paradise/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: We Live in Paradise by Ben Stein
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 02:39:40 pm »
Also Ben Stein:  "The rich need to pay more in taxes."  (There's no word if he has sent extra money to the US Treasury.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: