Author Topic: Counties Urged to Mobilize Against Shifting Federal Waters Rule  (Read 127 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Counties Urged to Mobilize Against Shifting Federal Waters Rule
« on: September 20, 2021, 05:04:07 pm »
Bloomberg Law by Bobby Magill  9/15/2021

•   44 U.S. water determinations issued since Arizona ruling

•   Growing concerns that rain could fall under federal control

The National Association of Counties is urging its members across the country to mobilize against a constantly-changing definition of the waters of the U.S., or WOTUS.

The Clean Water Act leaves it to the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to define WOTUS. Like a swinging pendulum, each administration has re-defined federal waters since the George W. Bush administration set its definition in 2008.

The Obama administration expanded the waters under federal jurisdiction in 2015, but the Trump administration issued its own rule in 2020, slashing protections for ephemeral streams and other wetlands. The George W. Bush-era definition is now back in force following an Aug. 30 ruling from an Arizona federal district court that tossed out the Trump-era Navigable Waters Protection Rule.

The Biden administration is now taking steps to write its own WOTUS definition.

More: https://news.bloomberglaw.com/environment-and-energy/counties-urged-to-mobilize-against-shifting-federal-waters-rule

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Counties Urged to Mobilize Against Shifting Federal Waters Rule
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 05:14:19 pm »

•   Growing concerns that rain could fall under federal control

If that is the case, the Feds should cover all flood damage, or at least pay my Flood insurance.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.