Author Topic: BREAKTHROUGH: Simple sunlight exposure can protect against severe and deadly COVID-19 infections – s  (Read 167 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKTHROUGH: Simple sunlight exposure can protect against severe and deadly COVID-19 infections – study

09/17/2021 / By Arsenio Toledo

New research has found that getting sufficient levels of ambient ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation at an individual’s place of residence in the weeks before a Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) infection has a strong protective effect against a severe case of the virus and even death. This study solidifies the role of vitamin D in protecting people against COVID-19.

The study was conducted by researchers from Trinity College Dublin in Ireland and the University of Edinburgh (UoE) in Scotland. It has been published in the journal Scientific Reports.

Previous studies have found a strong link between vitamin D deficiency and increased susceptibility to viral and bacterial respiratory infection. Other studies have also found a strong correlation between COVID-19 and vitamin D deficiency.

https://www.science.news/2021-09-17-study-confirms-sunlight-exposure-protect-against-covid.html

Offline EdinVA

I was talking with my daughter just 2 weeks ago about this...

Every organism requires certain environmental things to be present to survive, we need air and water.
Bats operate mainly in the dark so are probably low in Vit D/E so covid needs a low Vit D/E environment.
Kids, normally, drink tons of milk and are outside a fair bit but as we age, we drink less milk and avoid outdoors.
IF this is true, it makes sense that kids are barely phased by covid but it really reeks havoc on older folks.
Take your vitamins...

Online DB

A vitamin D blood test doesn't cost much. You don't have to have a doctor order it.

People who don't get much sun typically need between about 2,000 and 5,000 IU of D3 daily. The Recommended Daily Requirement from the government is way off for people who don't spend a lot of time in the sun.

D3 is cheap. There are different kinds. Some are more absorbable/usable by the body than others. Costco is a good inexpensive source.

Offline roamer_1

Take your vitamins...

Screw vitamins.

GO OUTSIDE. A LOT.

Online mountaineer

There's nothing like fresh air and sunshine, is there?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When Trump gave the speech about Hydroxychloroquine, he also mentioned "sunshine" and disinfectants (nebulized hydrogen peroxide has been used to kill pathogens in the lungs).

Of course the media went all jihad on HCQ, as did the medical establishment, and some idiot (?) killed her husband with aquarium cleaner, and somehow all that got morphed into drinking bleach.

Sure it works. some sunshine and your body makes vitamin D. Unless, of course, you have Lupus which can be aggravated by sunshine, but you might already be taking Hydroxychloroquine then...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

There's nothing like fresh air and sunshine, is there?

That's my philosophy. I love the sun and most days here our air quality is excellent. There's no excuse to stay indoors all day long.  Walking the parks and gardening are among my favorite things to do. I haven't made it to the beach in awhile, but I do sit out in the sun  for a bit; I don't want my tan to fade.  happy77

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.