Poll

Why are we Starting to see bare spots on the shelves again?

Everything's OK here Your just being Paranoid
0 (0%)
The Distribution Chain is still struggling from last years Covid Shutdown
12 (46.2%)
This is New and ties into the further Dysfunction of the US Economy
10 (38.5%)
Wholesalers Maximizing Profits
2 (7.7%)
We're currently feeding all the new Afghans and Haitians
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 19, 2021, 01:56:37 am

Author Topic: Why are we Seeing Bare Spots on the Shelves again?  (Read 1042 times)

Online corbe

Why are we Seeing Bare Spots on the Shelves again?
« on: September 19, 2021, 01:56:37 am »
   I don't shop much but here lately I'm seeing a pattern that I recognized from last year, about this time.
   I'm open to suggestions.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Re: Why are we Seeing Bare Spots on the Shelves again?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 02:10:04 am »
   I don't shop much but here lately I'm seeing a pattern that I recognized from last year, about this time.
   I'm open to suggestions.

People still don't want to get up off their butts and work and no employees equals businesses shutting down or hindering production. 

Biden's economy is screwed up and you can bet our $$ are going to feed the refugees here and also to assist in helping Afghanis. 

Keep stocking up as things aren't going to get any better.  Products are shrinking, prices are rising and Joe still doesn't know where the heck he is. 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 02:16:31 am »
It's supply issues, right down the food chain. https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/restaurants-remove-crabs-menus-due-skyrocketing-prices

Is just one example, and container prices for shipping have risen sharply.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 02:19:12 am »
The leftist gummint is stampeding the sheep into being scared about the Plague again.  High prices are showing up in weird places.  Not long ago you could buy a Betty Crocker box of cake mix for a couple of bucks.  I saw Walmart and Kroger selling that same box for $15.00 last week.  Only certain flavors.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:45 am »
The leftist gummint is stampeding the sheep into being scared about the Plague again.  High prices are showing up in weird places.  Not long ago you could buy a Betty Crocker box of cake mix for a couple of bucks.  I saw Walmart and Kroger selling that same box for $15.00 last week.  Only certain flavors.

When prices are increasing rapidly people stock up on things to avoid paying even more later.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 03:04:14 am »

??? Just looked on line at prices around here...going for about $1.39 a box...are you sure it wasn't for cases?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:06:17 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 03:05:53 am »
It's supply issues, right down the food chain. https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/restaurants-remove-crabs-menus-due-skyrocketing-prices

Is just one example, and container prices for shipping have risen sharply.

Shrimp prices are high as well.  Fishing industry is gone??

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 03:15:16 am »
When prices are increasing rapidly people stock up on things to avoid paying even more later.

I've been stocking up for years. Now that we have an additional freezer, I've been stocking up on meat. Our local store has put notices of limited supplies and to please buy only what you need so your neighbors can have some.

I truly feel for families trying to put food on the table.  Between rising food prices and housing things are beyond ridiculous.

Gas around here just jumped to $3.10/gal

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 05:23:44 am »
It starts in the farm fields,and works it's way up the food chain to the retailers. Nobody can afford to pay 20 bucks an hour for field laborers,canners,packers,loaders,stock boys,and then cashiers,so the supply is going to be less and less with each month that passes.

Sooner or later,even the big chains will either close or have reduced hours. Which will further reduce the stock on hand and raise the prices.

It is an economic death spin.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 10:48:58 am »
It’s not only food, check for things like vitamins and OTC things like Tylenol, Advil and other drugs. They’ve really gone up. There’s a lot on the shelves in my Walgreens, the prices seem to be going up by twenty or thirty cents every month.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 12:27:40 pm »
A local radio guy posted a photo of bare shelves at one of the nearby Walmarts. Apparently, dozens of workers at the Walmart distribution center (in the same county) had called off, so nothing was being loaded onto delivery trucks. I don't know whether it was some organized action on the part of labor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 02:42:54 pm »
??? Just looked on line at prices around here...going for about $1.39 a box...are you sure it wasn't for cases?

I'm sure.  I did not pay that much, though.  I just located a better price on Amazon.  "Regular flavors" are still reasonably priced (yellow, white, chocolate) but Cherry Chip was outrageous. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: