Author Topic: 100 National Guard to help Capitol Police for Saturday rally  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
100 National Guard to help Capitol Police for Saturday rally
« on: September 17, 2021, 07:04:57 pm »
100 National Guard to help Capitol Police for Saturday rally
By Ellen Mitchell - 09/17/21 12:14 PM EDT

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Friday approved 100 National Guard troops to aid Capitol Police for Saturday’s Washington, D.C., rally in defense of those arrested in the wake of the Jan. 6 riot.

The Guardsmen, who will come from the D.C. National Guard, “will be stationed at the D.C. Armory as a Physical Security Task Force to augment law enforcement for the September 18th demonstration on Capitol Hill,” Pentagon spokesman Army Lt. Col. Chris Mitchell said in a statement.

The troops join a number of local law enforcement agencies supporting the Capitol Police in preparation for the “Justice for J6” rally, where demonstrators will be backing people who invaded the Capitol in a failed attempt to overturn President Biden’s election victory.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Department will have an increased presence around the city, with numerous street closures set to go into effect, a move intended to prevent similar events from occurring.

Seven-foot fencing that was erected around the Capitol grounds the day after Jan. 6 was reinstalled Wednesday night in preparation for this weekend.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/572751-100-national-guard-to-help-capitol-police-for-saturday-rally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: 100 National Guard to help Capitol Police for Saturday rally
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 07:50:17 pm »
Is anyone falling for this FBI production? Even Trump is telling people to stay away, it's a set-up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:08 pm »
Seems that these troops might be best used at the southern border?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »
The thing should be canceled. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with Trump, Republicans, or January 6. It will simply be a gathering of dangerous Leftists looking for trouble.

Whatever it is? No doubt Pelosi and her gang of 'real' insurgents (FBI, Antifa, BLM) will do what ever it takes to make sure it turns violent with all the gimp slaves from the Democrat media establishment there to document how 'out of control' Trump supporters are. They are already writing the 'news' even now, as to what Pelosi plans to instigate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:09:03 pm »
This “rally” is intended to show Americans that any attempt at peacefully assembling to petition for redress of grievances will be met with overwhelming force. We are in a post constitutional oligarchy and China Mitch et al just pick their noses.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:09:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 08:35:56 pm »
This “rally” is intended to show Americans that any attempt at peacefully assembling to petition for redress of grievances will be met with overwhelming force. We are in a post constitutional oligarchy and China Mitch et al just pick their noses.

McConnell and McCarthy are NOT picking their noses!! @skeeter    ----- They're behind the scenes helping with the strategy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 09:00:15 pm »
McConnell and McCarthy are NOT picking their noses!! @skeeter    ----- They're behind the scenes helping with the strategy.
I'm afraid you're right. In spite of what the 'we'll get em in 2024' crowd thinks, we have no allies in DC.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:04 pm »
I'm afraid you're right. In spite of what the 'we'll get em in 2024' crowd thinks, we have no allies in DC.

We have a handful ..... but they're overwhelmed by the vast majority of GOP members clinging to power within the Party with bloody fingernails.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 05:08:24 am »
Will the FBI bus in the Taliban this time, or stick with BLM/antifi?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 10:31:06 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien