Author Topic: BOWING OUT: Ohio Republican Who Voted to Impeach Trump Announces Retirement Amid Primary Challenge  (Read 292 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BOWING OUT: Ohio Republican Who Voted to Impeach Trump Announces Retirement Amid Primary Challenge
Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshSeptember 17, 2021

A House Republican who voted to impeach President Donald Trump has announced that he is retiring.

Ohio GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez announced on Thursday night that he would be retiring at the conclusion of his current term.

Gonzalez’s announcement comes as he’s facing a tough primary challenge from Marine Corps veteran and former Trump administration official Max Miller, who has been endorsed by Trump in Ohio’s 16 District.

In his statement, which was posted to Twitter, Gonzalez cited alleged “toxic dynamics” within the Republican Party, where he bizarrely acted surprised that he has faced criticism among Trump supporters for voting to impeach President Trump.

https://twitter.com/RepAGonzalez/status/1438670555922771968

more
https://conservativebrief.com/retirement-51202/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Better to keep that war chest rather than spend it and lose. Either that or the fix is set for the Democrat anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline dfwgator

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So long "Speedy" and your cousin "Slowpoke".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Better to keep that war chest rather than spend it and lose. Either that or the fix is set for the Democrat anyway.

No worries, the IRS will be monitoring how he spends it.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

Now, can we get Kinzinger to do the same?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Should.  He fake cries more than Tammy Faye Baker.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Should.  He fake cries more than Tammy Faye Baker.

Or John Boehner
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Or John Boehner
:beer:

:silly:

Problem is, I don't think Boehner's cries were fake.  He's a meloncholy drunk.   

:drunk:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

As I understand it, Kinzinger is out of a district, so unless he carpetbags, he's gone.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
As I understand it, Kinzinger is out of a district, so unless he carpetbags, he's gone.

That's good news, but surprised Prickster and his cronies didn't try to squeeze a more conservative member out of a district.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's good news, but surprised Prickster and his cronies didn't try to squeeze a more conservative member out of a district.

Update: it's just a proposal at this point, but it also looks like the IL Dems are trying to squeeze or weaken two GOP US House districts, Kinzinger being one of them, as they are losing a seat.
The Republic is lost.