Author Topic: Gen. Mark Milley: ‘Routine’ Calls to China ‘Perfectly’ Within Scope of Job  (Read 1103 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gen. Mark Milley: ‘Routine’ Calls to China ‘Perfectly’ Within Scope of Job

Simon Kent 17 Sep 2021

Gen. Mark Milley said Friday calls to his Communist Chinese counterpart in the last days of Donald Trump’s presidency were “routine” and fell “perfectly within the duties and responsibilities” of his job as the top U.S. military officer.

In his first public acknowledgement of the exchanges, Milley observed such telephone calls were done “to reassure both allies and adversaries in this case in order to ensure strategic stability.”

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke to The Associated Press (AP) and another reporter traveling with him to Europe to state his case.

Milley chose to only offer up a brief defense of his calls, saying he plans a deeper discussion about the matter for Congress when he testifies at a hearing later in September. He told the outlet:

I think it’s best that I reserve my comments on the record until I do that in front of the lawmakers who have the lawful responsibility to oversee the U.S. military.

I’ll go into any level of detail Congress wants to go into in a couple of weeks.

Milley and U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin are scheduled to testify Sept. 28 before the Senate Armed Services Committee amid continuing confusion over who said what to whom.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1438624280242278400

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/17/gen-mark-milley-routine-calls-to-china-perfectly-within-scope-of-job/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Gen. Mark Milley says calls to China were ‘perfectly’ within scope of job

By Lolita C. Baldor | Associated Press
PUBLISHED: September 17, 2021 at 9:49 a.m. | UPDATED: September 17, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.

ATHENS, Greece — The top U.S. military officer said Friday that calls he made to his Chinese counterpart in the final stormy months of Donald Trump’s presidency were “perfectly within the duties and responsibilities” of his job.

In his first public comments on the conversations, Gen. Mark Milley said such calls are “routine” and were done “to reassure both allies and adversaries in this case in order to ensure strategic stability.” The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke to The Associated Press and another reporter traveling with him to Europe.

Milley has been at the center of a firestorm amid reports he made two calls to Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army to assure him that the United States was not going to suddenly go to war with or attack China.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/09/17/milley-calls-to-china-were-perfectly-within-scope-of-job/

rangerrebew

The call itself may have been within the scope of his job but the SUBSTANCE WAS NOT! Milley has had this problem from early on, overstepping his military authority. :im waiting:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The call itself may have been within the scope of his job but the SUBSTANCE WAS NOT! Milley has had this problem from early on, overstepping his military authority. :im waiting:

BINGO!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since Woodward is known for sensationalism to the point of broadcasting outrageous lies, I am waiting to see a transcript of the call.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Since Woodward is known for sensationalism to the point of broadcasting outrageous lies, I am waiting to see a transcript of the call.

Agreed. Dana Perino made this point in a slightly milder way. But it's not clear that there is a transcript.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Agreed. Dana Perino made this point in a slightly milder way. But it's not clear that there is a transcript.
Since Milley was using his own underground communications channels, possibly supplied to him by his Chinese handler, the only people with a transcript/recording would be the CCP, along with possibly NSA or other foreign intelligence agencies if they happened to have intercepted it. The Chinese are unlikely to cooperate and the NSA now works for the DNC.

It is unlikely the transcript(s) will ever surface since this is literally a global conspiracy, with severe domestic and international repercussions. All the people who could shed light on what really happened, are feverously working overtime to bury or normalize it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:07:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

I don't think just making a call is the issue.  The issue is he told the Chinese that he would warn them if we were going to attack...

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I don't think just making a call is the issue.  The issue is he told the Chinese that he would warn them if we were going to attack...
In his twisted warped WOKE Liberal brain, this makes him a hero. Which is why he does not deny it.
Milley actually believes that warning an enemy of a coming attack is normal and justified.
How much American death and destruction would this have caused? How many American soldiers would have died?
What did Milley think the Chinese would do once he warned them?
In Milley's sick brain, what did he imagine the outcome of his treason would be?
Milley goes on a rampage against what he calls, 'White Rage'.
It seems exceedingly obvious that he is suffering from a massive case of 'Liberal Rage', which seems to justify any treacherous, treasonous, illegal, dishonorable, backstabbing, seditious scheme the Liberals can dream up. 'White Rage' is not Milley's problem. However his 'Liberal Rage' has made him insane and dangerous.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

BassWrangler

Since Milley was using his own underground communications channels, possibly supplied to him by his Chinese handler, the only people with a transcript/recording would be the CCP, along with possibly NSA or other foreign intelligence agencies if they happened to have intercepted it. The Chinese are unlikely to cooperate and the NSA now works for the DNC.

What's your source for that assertion?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

***suicide***

Trump Put Milley in an Impossible Position
The general stayed inside the lines—barely. The real problem is that he was in that situation at all.
The Atlantic, Sep 17, 2021

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/mark-milley-barely-stayed-inside-lines/620102/

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What's your source for that assertion?
Milley and other people around him assert that Milley used what they call 'backchannels' to communicate with the Chinese government.
This necessarily means he did not use sanctioned normal channels. My time in the military and government service training taught me that spies do not use a telephone. And it is very normal for a spy's handler to provide them with equipment and codes to communicate.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Is that kinda like a burglar insisting that stealing is “perfectly within the duties and responsibilities” of his job...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He is a liar. Political dialogue with foreign nations is the responsibility of politicians,NOT soldiers.

The job of soldiers is to follow orders,and if not following orders,it is to STFU because if someone wants your opinon they will ask you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

No,it wasn't. It is ELECTED OFFICIALS that have that job. A General Officers job is to give advise if asked,and to STFU and follow orders if he isn't asked for his opinion.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!