Author Topic: Uttar Pradesh, India, wipes out Covid with ivermectin  (Read 946 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Uttar Pradesh, India, wipes out Covid with ivermectin
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:57 pm »
@Bigun
@Smokin Joe

:beer:

Well, lets just toast the 99.9% of the other times that we agree.
Fair enough.  :beer: Your body, your choice. If you change your mind the data is out there. and here is a direct link to the treatment information for you and whoever wants to look. https://vladimirzelenkomd.com/treatment-protocol/

As I have said, Ivermectin is one of several ionophores which can get the Zinc into your lung cells. Quercetin is likely less controversial and is sold as an OTC supplement. It will do the same job. YMMV.

I haven't trusted doctors for many years, doing my own research before I even go in. As far as treating me goes, I usually know what I have when I get there, from a hernia to cancer, I made the diagnosis, they confirmed it. Obviously, I needed someone to do the cutting and sewing in both cases. No, I do not know it all, and I am not a MD, but I have a background that is conducive to learning what I don't know, and I'm willing to spend the hours digging in reputable sources to find out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 08:09:56 pm »
Fair enough.  :beer: Your body, your choice. If you change your mind the data is out there. and here is a direct link to the treatment information for you and whoever wants to look. https://vladimirzelenkomd.com/treatment-protocol/

As I have said, Ivermectin is one of several ionophores which can get the Zinc into your lung cells. Quercetin is likely less controversial and is sold as an OTC supplement. It will do the same job. YMMV.

I haven't trusted doctors for many years, doing my own research before I even go in. As far as treating me goes, I usually know what I have when I get there, from a hernia to cancer, I made the diagnosis, they confirmed it. Obviously, I needed someone to do the cutting and sewing in both cases. No, I do not know it all, and I am not a MD, but I have a background that is conducive to learning what I don't know, and I'm willing to spend the hours digging in reputable sources to find out.

I agree completely! My personal doctor (for many years now) flat out told me that if he did not prescribe enough of this or that his big pharma rep would stop providing him with samples.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:16:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 08:15:22 pm »
You also assume only one yahoo.  I haven't lied or misled.  I did want to bring up, that there were likely canine seizure risks with the use.  Not that there is the same physiology betweern us, and dogs.  I am just saying that (and this comes from my pre-Med days) that a lot of people in history have died trying to self medicate.   It is with risk, and I hope there is enough common sense out there to know those risks

Ok, let's make it 100 yahoos.  Yahoos will be yahoos, whether it's self medicating (alcohol, anyone), driving dangerously, or anything else.

I agree that all the facts should be given, and consequences drawn out, but no-no-no just for the sake of protecting a few yahoos is how we got into the plandemic in the first place.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 08:46:20 pm »
Yeah, formulations, mixtures, and pharma variants that have gone through the proper efficacy reviews.  Then specifically prescribed by their MD.

The fear is some yahoo, goes out to his Tractor Supply scores a bottle, and self medicates with the same thing I administer to my dogs .......

And where on your package of Ivomec does it say anything about dosages for dogs for the treatment of heartworms? Or are you "self medicating" your dogs.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 08:55:08 pm »
And where on your package of Ivomec does it say anything about dosages for dogs for the treatment of heartworms? Or are you "self medicating" your dogs.

I am medicating my dogs based on specific guidance from my veterinarian. Furthermore, Ivermectin is the key ingredient in almost all heart worm preventive regiments given to dogs, and has been for years based on significant amount of studies and data.    Is that a problem for you?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:01:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 08:55:36 pm »
Houston doctor treats COVID patients with anti-parasite drug ivermectin, despite FDA warnings

Houston Chronicle by Julian Gill 8/27/2021

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Houston-doctor-treats-COVID-patients-with-16413955.php

A Houston doctor says he is using the anti-parasite medication ivermectin with a combination of drugs to treat COVID-19 patients, despite warnings from federal health officials that it could cause serious harm when used to combat the virus.

Dr. Joseph Varon, chief medical officer at United Memorial Medical Center, on Thursday told the Houston Chronicle that he has used ivermectin since the start of the pandemic in all COVID patients. He said he administers a low dosage based on the people’s weight with a cocktail of steroids and vitamins.

“We did it intermittently in April, May and June of last year,” Varon said. “But as of July (2021), every patient that comes in goes on ivermectin.”

Varon said he is using the drug in small doses “because it makes a difference” in COVID patients. He said no one has overdosed or died in the hospital after ingesting it.

“More importantly, my love for (ivermectin) is based on my personal use and good outcomes my patients have had,” Varon said in an email. “Once you see it work, it is difficult to deny its usefulness.”

Varon referred to Dr. Paul Marik, professor of internal medicine at East Virgnia Medical School, as another proponent for ivermectin treatment in COVID patients. In a phone interview, Marik said a number of trials have shown that ivermectin works as a COVID treatment. He claimed that public health entities are steering people away from the drug because “nobody is making money from it.”

Online Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 09:00:40 pm »
Question:  why are so many panties getting into such a rigid twist about off-label use of ivermectin, when off-label use of just about every other controlled medication is common?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 09:02:30 pm »
I am medicating my dogs based on specific guidance from my veterinarian. Furthermore, Ivermectin is the key ingredient in almost all heart worm treatment regiments given to dogs, and has been for years based on significant amount of studies and data.    Is that a problem for you?

My only problem is from when you posted your formula for 1% Ivomec based on the dogs weight, I saw that your dosages were way higher than the percentage of Ivermectin in commercial heartworm products. Your vet must have a heavy hand when it comes to drugs. Years ago I was in the same boat and then  I discovered I was way over medicating my dogs. Since then I have cut the dosage way down from what I was first using.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 09:09:31 pm »
My only problem is from when you posted your formula for 1% Ivomec based on the dogs weight, I saw that your dosages were way higher than the percentage of Ivermectin in commercial heartworm products. Your vet must have a heavy hand when it comes to drugs. Years ago I was in the same boat and then  I discovered I was way over medicating my dogs. Since then I have cut the dosage way down from what I was first using.

Okay, I see where you are going with it.  I am interested in seeing how your Vet sees it too.  Is he/she gving it as an oral or as an injection. 

What has been given for years in my case, is the Neat material diluted 1ml:9ml water, and then administer orally 1 ml of mixture per 40 pounds of dog.  And i typically rounded up. 

After I read some of the reports of seizures in dogs, i backed down a bit and rounded down the dosage.  Haven't spoken to the Vet in 3 or 4 years about the matter, but these discussions have peaked my interest, and I might call.

BTW, what formula are you using?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:10:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2021, 09:27:24 pm »
Incidentally, the weight-based dose for horses is the same as the weight based dose for humans, 0.2mg/kg. Regardless of mammalian system, it appears the serum concentration needed to be effective is the same.

Yes, some breeds of dogs are known to have a problem with the drug. I have posted a list of those on another thread.

If people don't want to take a Nobel prize winning drug for humans because it made their dog (a susceptible breed) have seizures, that is their choice. Before giving your dog ivermectin, please read the following, as those adverse reactions and breeds are noted. https://www.thesprucepets.com/is-ivermectin-safe-dogs-and-cats-3384698

As for humans, the Mayo Clinic says this: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/ivermectin-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20064397

Personally, I have taken the drug (yes, the equine variety) with zinc (50mg supplement)  for COVID symptoms, along with Vitamin C (2000 mg) and got well rather quickly, with no ill effects. My dose was weight based and actually a little less then the dosage for my weight, by a couple of milligrams. We all make our own decisions, and this worked for me. YMMV. Make your own choices.

Quercetin (500mg) is supposed to have the same ionophoric effect as Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine, is sold OTC as a supplement, and will get Zinc into your Type 1 Pneumocytes as well (to stop viral replication), so there are options if you choose to go with an early onset treatment strategy. Studies which decry the use of Ivermectin for COVID tested ONLY the Ivermectin, not the combination of Ivermectin and Zinc supplementation, just like studies of Hydroxychloroquine did not include Zinc supplementation, even though Dr. Zelenko pointed out when this kerfuffle started that the Zinc is what actually stops viral replication, and that Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, or Quercetin, in clinical doses, acts as an ionophore to get the zinc into the Type 1 Pneumocytes (which are the cells the virus targets) to stop viral replication. That same inhibiting effect of Zinc was noted with SARS, almost 20 years ago https://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/10/29/zinc-ions-and-fight-against-sars, and has been verified more recently: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8349606/, not just for SARS-CoV-2, but for other coronaviruses as well. Read the medical journal articles, check out the links, don't just take my word for it. I have researched the topic exhaustively, confining my research to the journals, not wild-eyed websites.

From a conflict of interest standpoint, do hospitals still get 13K for a COVID patient, 37K for an ICU COVID patient, like they were doing when this all started? Between that and insurance money and Pharma getting rich off the jabs, there are plenty of pecuniary reasons to try to discredit the inexpensive off-the-shelf treatment options that have proven effective at preventing hospitalization.  Notably, almost every study conducted on Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine left out Zinc in the study, and the drugs were administered to already hospitalized patients, often with multiple comorbidities, and sometimes (in the case of Chloroquine in Brazil) in toxic dosages, as if the studies were designed to discredit the treatments rather than honestly test the regimen.

What we do know, is that the jabs do not protect against subsequent variants, or only offer limited protection for the person who has them. Those people can still carry a viral load equivalent to an unvaccinated person who is too sick to be out and about, effectively making them carriers. Natural immunity has been shown to be broader based, with greater resistance to the variants. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03647-4, and https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3838993 and that being "fully" vaccinated may actually have an immune reducing effect on persons recovered from SARS-CoV-2 https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.22.436441v1
Educate yourselves and make your own decisions.

I've got 1000 mg Quercetin and 50 mg Zinc Picolinate capsules so hopefully that's all I need.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 10:46:08 pm »
The fear is some yahoo, goes out to his Tractor Supply scores a bottle, and self medicates with the same thing I administer to my dogs .......

Well, horses, but yeah. Pick me.  :seeya:

Same damn difference.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 11:22:23 pm »
Okay, I see where you are going with it.  I am interested in seeing how your Vet sees it too.  Is he/she gving it as an oral or as an injection. 

What has been given for years in my case, is the Neat material diluted 1ml:9ml water, and then administer orally 1 ml of mixture per 40 pounds of dog.  And i typically rounded up. 

After I read some of the reports of seizures in dogs, i backed down a bit and rounded down the dosage.  Haven't spoken to the Vet in 3 or 4 years about the matter, but these discussions have peaked my interest, and I might call.

BTW, what formula are you using?

@catfish1957

Oral.

The formula I was given.

1 cc of ivomec 1% contains 10,000 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 1,000 mcg ivermectin

1 cc of ivomec 1% diluted 9:1 contains 1,000 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 100 mcg ivermectin.
    The exact dosage is 0.0272 ml per 10 pounds of body weight, approximately 0.03 cc per 10 pounds of body weight.

1 cc of ivomec 1% diluted 30:1 contains 333 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 33 mcg ivermectin.
    The minimum dosage is 0.0824 cc per 10 pounds of body weight, approximately 0.1 cc per 10 pounds of body weight.

These give a dosage equal to Heartguard's 6 mcg/kg, which is 1/33.33  of the cattle dosage. With the note that you can double the dosage for better protection.

Now what I use is a 20:1 dilution with a 0.1cc per 10lbs dosage. This gives a 10 mcg/kg dosage. I just have to be different.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2021, 03:07:44 am »
@catfish1957

Oral.

The formula I was given.

1 cc of ivomec 1% contains 10,000 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 1,000 mcg ivermectin

1 cc of ivomec 1% diluted 9:1 contains 1,000 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 100 mcg ivermectin.
    The exact dosage is 0.0272 ml per 10 pounds of body weight, approximately 0.03 cc per 10 pounds of body weight.

1 cc of ivomec 1% diluted 30:1 contains 333 mcg ivermectin; 0.1 cc = 33 mcg ivermectin.
    The minimum dosage is 0.0824 cc per 10 pounds of body weight, approximately 0.1 cc per 10 pounds of body weight.

These give a dosage equal to Heartguard's 6 mcg/kg, which is 1/33.33  of the cattle dosage. With the note that you can double the dosage for better protection.

Now what I use is a 20:1 dilution with a 0.1cc per 10lbs dosage. This gives a 10 mcg/kg dosage. I just have to be different.

Thanks...

We aren't as far off as I thought, based on me rounding down the dosage, I think I am giving the dog about 30-40% more than you are.

1cc neat diluted 1:9, and then 1 cc of the mix.  70lbs rounded down to 40. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2021, 11:26:09 am »
Thanks...

We aren't as far off as I thought, based on me rounding down the dosage, I think I am giving the dog about 30-40% more than you are.

1cc neat diluted 1:9, and then 1 cc of the mix.  70lbs rounded down to 40.

You lost me in the round down, to try and understand the cc per 10lbs of the 1:9 used to determine the mcg/kg dosage.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2021, 12:53:42 pm »
You lost me in the round down, to try and understand the cc per 10lbs of the 1:9 used to determine the mcg/kg dosage.

Criteria provided by my Vet was 1 ml (cc) mix 1/9 per 40 pounds of Dog.  My present English Bulldog weighs 70 pounds so instead of rounding up to 80lbs, (2cc mixture dose) I give her 1 cc. Not rocket science, just getting a monthly maintenance dose.  In fact my syringes aren't even graduated into "tenths" of  ml.  The process has served me pretty well, as none of the 12 pups throough 28 years have gotten Heartworms.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2021, 01:19:02 pm »
Criteria provided by my Vet was 1 ml (cc) mix 1/9 per 40 pounds of Dog.  My present English Bulldog weighs 70 pounds so instead of rounding up to 80lbs, (2cc mixture dose) I give her 1 cc. Not rocket science, just getting a monthly maintenance dose.  In fact my syringes aren't even graduated into "tenths" of  ml.  The process has served me pretty well, as none of the 12 pups throough 28 years have gotten Heartworms.

1 cc of 1:9  contains 1,000 mcg ivermectin
1 cc used on a 40lb dog dosage would be  1,000/(40/2.2) = 55 mcg/kg
1 cc used on a 70lb dog dosage would be  1,000/(70/2.2) = 31 mcg/kg

My 1cc syringes have marks down to 0.02cc, not that I bother to measure that closely.