Author Topic: Jan. 6 panel says it is reviewing Milley actions  (Read 701 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jan. 6 panel says it is reviewing Milley actions
« on: September 16, 2021, 06:52:17 pm »
Jan. 6 panel says it is reviewing Milley actions
By Rebecca Beitsch - 09/16/21 02:17 PM EDT

The House Committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol confirmed Thursday that it was reviewing the actions of Joint Chief of Staff Mark Milley and other Pentagon officials following reporting examining his maneuvering during former President Donald Trump’s final days in office.

A forthcoming book details how Milley twice called his Chinese counterpart following the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol to assure him Trump did not have plans to attack Beijing as part of a ploy to remain in power — sparking new calls for the general to resign.

The book “Peril,” by veteran journalist Bob Woodward and The Washington Post's Robert Costa also claims that Milley moved to limit Trump’s ability to call for a military strike or launch nuclear weapons after the riot.
ADVERTISEMENT

“The facts surrounding steps taken at the Pentagon to protect our security both before and after January 6th are a crucial area of focus for the Select Committee. Indeed, the Select Committee has sought records specifically related to these matters and we expect the Department of Defense to cooperate fully with our probe,” Chair Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said in a statement.

Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesperson Col. Dave Butler on Wednesday confirmed that Milley called his Chinese counterparts after the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol but said those calls were routine.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/572626-jan-6-panel-says-it-is-reviewing-milley-actions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Jan. 6 panel says it is reviewing Milley actions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 07:37:35 pm »
"Reviewing" Milley's actions, why?  How do those relate to the (falsely) alleged trespassing on the Capitol building on Jan. 6?

This is just a convenient way of trying to sweep it all under the rug, because you know that the results of their "review" are a foregone conclusion.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:41:41 pm »
In other news, the Capone family is reviewing reports of gangsters in Chicago...

Pelosi was in the loop, and I believe Schumer was, too. their little 1/6 panel is skewed.

There is nothing like having your co-conspirators "investigate" you.

Just for once, I'd like to see an independent investigation.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:43:08 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 09:53:34 pm »
In other news, the Capone family is reviewing reports of gangsters in Chicago...

Pelosi was in the loop, and I believe Schumer was, too. their little 1/6 panel is skewed.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 09:55:25 pm »

I think we can add Pence to that mix as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:04:32 pm »
I think we can add Pence to that mix as well.
You may be right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis