Author Topic: Nobody Is Coming to Save California  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nobody Is Coming to Save California
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:15:26 pm »
Nobody Is Coming to Save California

The lesson of the recall election: A solid plurality of Californians is OK with the status quo.

By Ben Boychuk

September 15, 2021

In the end, it wasn’t really even close.

California Governor Gavin Newsom easily survived his recall election on Tuesday, with voters rejecting his ouster by nearly two-to-one. The results won’t be official until next month, but as of now, the “no recall” vote leads by a resounding 27 percentage points. By any account, it was a big win for the third-rate politician who is utterly incapable of making a public statement without resorting to platitudes and clichés.

Was the election rigged? Some disappointed Larry Elder voters might want to think so. Certainly, there were some fishy stories, such as the bizarre arrest in Southern California last month of a man passed out in his car with 300 stolen ballots. And there were scattered reports this past week of voters being told they had already cast their ballots when they clearly had not.

Elder had the advantage of right-wing celebrity, which only goes so far in a cerulean blue state. He also made a point of appealing to black and Latino voters, who tend to be an afterthought for many GOP candidates. And the fact is, Elder drew nearly 2.4 million votes in a crowded field of 46 candidates. But the “no” vote on question one—the only question that mattered—currently stands at 5.8 million and counting. So even if one argues Elder didn’t “lose,” he certainly wouldn’t have had anything approaching a popular mandate had question one prevailed.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/15/nobody-is-coming-to-save-california/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Nobody Is Coming to Save California
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »
If we start an analysis of an election like this week's in CA with the supposition that fraud didn't play a primary role we are already sunk.

For *&^% sake, the governor mandated mail in voting and print-at-home ballots for a reason.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 02:24:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »
In a state where voters even "volunteered" to pay higher gas taxes and vehicle registrations because they're too damned stupid to recognize acting, I'm not surprised.

Yes, the mandated mail in voting was part of it, but don't underestimate the stupidity of the "average" CA voter.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 02:40:51 pm »
In a state where voters even "volunteered" to pay higher gas taxes and vehicle registrations because they're too damned stupid to recognize acting, I'm not surprised.

Yes, the mandated mail in voting was part of it, but don't underestimate the stupidity of the "average" CA voter.
I'm pretty familiar with this state, having spent my entire life arguing politics with liberal neighbors. I also remember this state running Rose Bird and Gray Davis out of office, passing propositions 13, 16, 140 and 187, and electing Ronald Reagan twice.

Anyone ignoring what has happened in this state over the past twenty years or writing it off to stupidity is whistling past the graveyard.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 02:42:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 02:53:59 pm »
I know I may have been seen  as having cavalier attitude with CA's problems, but I don't care.

I see CA like a drug addict....   Hard to help anyone, who doesn't have the interest to help themselves.  And in this case the state's majoriity of voters seems addcited to a leadership model that is taking them off the cliff like lemmings.

Elder was a potential lifeline to slow down that destruction.  California chose poorly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 02:58:19 pm »
If we start an analysis of an election like this week's in CA with the supposition that fraud didn't play a primary role we are already sunk.

For *&^% sake, the governor mandated mail in voting and print-at-home ballots for a reason.

Agree with you 99% of the time, but the recall lost by 2.5M votes.  This election wasn't stolen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 03:00:52 pm »
Agree with you 99% of the time, but the recall lost by 2.5M votes.  This election wasn't stolen.
Whatever you say. I just live here.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 03:42:24 pm »

Maybe claiming the election was rigged before the first vote was counted was a bad idea?

Does the GOP be a sore loser, claim voter fraud, and take their ball an go home, only to repeat the same mistakes in the next election?

Or, does the GOP conduct an after-action analysis to learn how they can improve their election performance?

America hates sore losers who blame others for their losing.  America embraces figures who are principled, perseverant, and persistent.  When Reagan lost the GOP nomination in 1976, he didn't cry voter fraud.  He steeled himself to be a stronger candidate for the next election.

The limousine liberal Democrat policies are making the cost of living so high, that more people need government assistance to survive.  The antecdote is the application of competitive, free-market, capitalism economic policies.

Why are home prices so high?  Because demand is greater than supply.  Why is this?  Because limousine liberal Dem policies of conservation, preservation, and NIMBY zoning laws artificially constrain the supply of new housing.  The Dems see more government as the answer - rent control, housing subsidies, and public housing, which discourages private sector housing construction and investment.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 04:00:01 pm »
I'm pretty familiar with this state, having spent my entire life arguing politics with liberal neighbors. I also remember this state running Rose Bird and Gray Davis out of office, passing propositions 13, 16, 140 and 187, and electing Ronald Reagan twice.

Anyone ignoring what has happened in this state over the past twenty years or writing it off to stupidity is whistling past the graveyard.
I've not been here my entire life, only about half of it.  So I'm pretty familiar with what you're saying. 
But I also don't see where I "wrote it off" to only stupidity, said it is part of the equation.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 04:05:54 pm »
I've not been here my entire life, only about half of it.  So I'm pretty familiar with what you're saying. 
But I also don't see where I "wrote it off" to only stupidity, said it is part of the equation.
Your comments appeared to cast a pretty wide net, but if I misunderstood them I apologize.

the stupid segment has always been there. But somehow the electorate collectively managed some pretty damn good decisions in the recent past.

The other part is massive immigration of constitutional illiterates who are voting their obvious interests, at the expense of the not so obvious, and where that isn’t enough, voter fraud.

If folks can’t see that by now I really don’t know what else to say. Other than it’s all coming their way.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:08:41 pm by skeeter »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 04:07:24 pm »
California Dems have a 2-1 advantage over Pubbies. That means it will probably take an act of God for a conservative Republican to win any major California race at the present.
California is an hourglass state with a lot of wealthy folks at the top, a thin middle class, and a very large minority on the bottom.
The people on the bottom, mostly Hispanics, have grown tremendously in the last forty years making it almost impossible for Republicans to win any senate or gov. race.

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 04:10:55 pm »
Your comments appeared to cast a pretty wide net, but if I misunderstood them I apologize.

the stupid segment has always been there. But somehow the electorate collectively managed some pretty damn good decisions in the recent past.

The other part is massive immigration of constitutional illiterates who are voting their obvious interests, at the expense of the not so obvious, and where that isn’t enough, voter fraud.

If folks can’t see that by now I really don’t know what else to say.

That "recent" isn't very recent. Places like the Bay Area are drastically different than they were 15 years ago. Something like 68% of the programmers in Silicon Valley are foreign born. Many of these people have no history of our constitution and its protections. And they vote.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 04:16:18 pm »
That "recent" isn't very recent. Places like the Bay Area are drastically different than they were 15 years ago. Something like 68% of the programmers in Silicon Valley are foreign born. Many of these people have no history of our constitution and its protections. And they vote.
yes I mentioned that. But they work, drive and they pay taxes. So why does every single bond issue and tax increase pass? Every damn one.

Again, there is a reason CalA has motor voter, ballot harvesting, mail in voting and print at home balloting, and its got nothing to do with fairness.