Author Topic: Fmr. Trump acting SECDEF says he didn’t authorize Milley’s secret China calls and he should resign  (Read 678 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Laura Widener  September 15, 2021

Fmr. Trump acting SECDEF says he didn’t authorize Milley’s secret China calls and he should resign

Former Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller on Wednesday called on Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley to resign over phone calls with his Chinese counterpart that Miller said were unauthorized and “disgraceful.”

According to excerpts released this week from the forthcoming book, “Peril” by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, Milley held secret phone calls with a Chinese counterpart on Oct. 30, 2020, and Jan. 8, 2021. In one of the phone calls, Milley allegedly said, “General Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

Miller said in a statement to Fox News that “The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the highest-ranking military officer whose sole role is providing military-specific advice to the president, and by law is prohibited from exercising executive authority to command forces.”

“If the reporting in Woodward’s book is accurate, it represents a disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination by the Nation’s top military officer,” Miller said, adding that if Milley’s alleged “histrionic outbursts and unsanctioned, anti-Constitutional involvement in foreign policy prove true, he must resign immediately or be fired by the Secretary of Defense to guarantee the sanctity of the officer corps.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/09/fmr-trump-acting-secdef-says-he-didnt-authorize-milleys-secret-china-calls-and-he-should-resign/

Offline mountaineer

Unnamed sources defended Milley's actions by claiming he did talk to Miller first. So glad Miller has set the record straight.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Milley won't resign.

2. Unless they perceive Milley as a serious political problem, LIEden & Krew won't can him.

Hopefully one or the other of my guesses will be proven wrong by events, but I won't be looking like a Smurf from holding my breath.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.