Author Topic: Lawmakers, staff asked to avoid the Capitol during pro-Trump protest  (Read 101 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawmakers, staff asked to avoid the Capitol during pro-Trump protest
By Mike Lillis - 09/15/21 08:53 AM EDT

As Capitol security officials gird for Saturday's pro-Trump rally in Washington, lawmakers and their aides have been given a simple directive: steer clear of the building.

"Unless required to be onsite, Members and staff are strongly encouraged to avoid the U.S. Capitol Complex on September 18th," House Sergeant at Arms William Walker wrote in a memo sent chamber-wide on Tuesday evening.

If they must visit Capitol Hill on Saturday, House lawmakers and their employees should park in underground garages and move between buildings by way of underground tunnels, rather than walking outside, Walker advised.

The blunt guidance is just the latest step adopted by security officials to prevent Saturday's protest from devolving into the same type of violent melee that occurred on Jan. 6, when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in a failed effort to overturn his election defeat.

Roughly 140 police officers were injured in the riot. Another officer died a day later, after engaging with the mob. And four additional officers have died of suicide in the subsequent months.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/572335-lawmakers-staff-asked-to-avoid-the-capitol-during-pro-trump-protest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Lawmakers, staff asked to avoid the Capitol during pro-Trump protest
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 01:13:58 pm »
Roughly 140 police officers were injured in the riot. Another officer died a day later, after engaging with the mob. And four additional officers have died of suicide in the subsequent months.

I see they're still pushing the lies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 01:20:55 pm »
Hey, that gives me a brilliant idea:  we want to cut down on the amount of tripe and utter sh*t coming out of Congress, right?  So let's get a permanent pro-Trump "protest" going up on Capitol Hill.  The more we can get them to avoid the Capitol, the more we can prevent a quorum, and the more we can prevent them from passing more scurrilous laws.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 03:38:40 pm »
Have the FBI bring in more BLM, antifa,and put the newly arrived Taliban to work.  Is it too soon for the Taliban to have figured out how to use their new weapons yet?  They can save us from the evil Trump!
 ////00000////
!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 03:42:54 pm »
I sincerely hope no Trump supporter falls for this Sept. 18 thing and bothers to attend.
I can't help but believe it's 100% an FBI false flag/entrapment operation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org