Author Topic: VIRGINIA: Glenn Youngkin, GOP Nominee For Governor, Endorses Removing Lee Statue, Says Confederate M  (Read 510 times)

Offline Hoodat

Glenn Youngkin, GOP Nominee For Governor, Endorses Removing Lee Statue, Says Confederate Monuments Can Go

FRANKIE STOCKES   |   September 11, 2021

Virginia’s GOP nominee for Governor, Glenn Youngkin endorsed the removal of Richmond’s 131-year-old Robert E. Lee Monument, while the GOP nominee for Lt. Governor, Winsome Sears, celebrated the statue’s destruction at the hands of far-left Governor Ralph Northam and the state’s Democrat packed Supreme Court. The reactions of the two candidates put them sharply at odds with Virginia’s grassroots GOP base, as well as with 45th President Donald J. Trump who praised General Lee in a statement blasting the statue’s removal.

A campaign spokesman for Gubernatorial nominee Glenn Youngkin, who has been hounded with serious conservative credibility issues, reportedly told The Washington Post that Youngkin “agrees with the decision” to remove the statue, following a radio appearance in which the candidate suggested Lee’s monument be moved “someplace like a battlefield or a museum.”

Speaking with National File, a Youngkin spokesman reiterated the candidate’s support for removing Confederate monuments, though Youngkin says that local communities, not Richmond, should have the final say in the matter. “Glenn Youngkin believes these decisions should be made by the local community, not dictated from Richmond,” the spokesman said.  .  .  .

https://nationalfile.com/virginia-glenn-youngkin-gop-nominee-for-governor-endorses-removing-lee-statue-says-confederate-monuments-can-go/

Younkin has just conceded the gubernatorial race to Terry McAuliffe.  Normally, the Virginia GOP doesn't reveal its support for the Democrat until late October.  They got an early start this year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

He’s correct. 

Offline EdinVA

Well, he just lost the election..... way to go stupid...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is beyond sad when a people glories in the destruction of its history.

Not only is this the destruction of an historical monument to the man who left his commission in the Union Army to defend Richmond, the Commonwealth, and the South from invasion by those forces, whose lands were turned into a cemetery by the invaders/conquerors after the war, never to be farmed again, it is the destruction of a work of art that will not be duplicated.

This is only "justified" by the teaching of distortions in History to try to justify the actions of the conquerors in retrospect.

You can't learn anything from history that is twisted.

When we destroy the monuments to our own history like the invading Saracens treated the examples around them, who are the enemy?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 01:55:43 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Well, he just lost the election.....

Which has been the Virginia GOP plan every election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

It is beyond sad when a people glories in the destruction of its history.

Not only is this the destruction of an historical monument to the man who left his commission in the Union Army to defend Richmond, the Commonwealth, and the South from invasion by those forces, whose lands were turned into a cemetery by the invaders/conquerors after the war, never to be farmed again, it is the destruction of a work of art that will not be duplicated.

This is only "justified" by the teaching of distortions in History to try to justify the actions of the conquerors in retrospect.

You can't learn anything from history that is twisted.

When we destroy the monuments to our own history like the invading Saracens treated the examples around them, who are the enemy?
The statue is one thing but for me, it is more about caving to the mob that makes me mad. 

How the hell can he lead if he is just going to roll over.... geezz   :chairbang:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kinda wish I lived in Virginia, so I could experience the pleasure of withholding my vote from this "Republican" on election day... (with a spit on the floor)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The statue is one thing but for me, it is more about caving to the mob that makes me mad. 

How the hell can he lead if he is just going to roll over.... geezz   :chairbang:
Just like most of the 'pubbies on Capitol Hill.

lukewarm spit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis