Author Topic: Condoleezza Rice: Yes, Post-9/11 Actions Made Us Safer, But We’ve Lost ‘Eyes and Ears’ in Afghanista  (Read 71 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Condoleezza Rice: Yes, Post-9/11 Actions Made Us Safer, But We’ve Lost ‘Eyes and Ears’ in Afghanistan

Sweeping changes to the U.S. security apparatus after 9/11 and the military action against al-Qaeda have helped to make Americans safer, former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice said in remarks aired on Sunday, but drew a distinction between that assessment and the recent relinquishing of intelligence capabilities on the ground in Afghanistan.

“We have lost the eyes and ears on the ground in Afghanistan that helped us to know where the terrorists were,” Rice told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“We have lost Bagram and other airfields that were able to allow us to run certain – even drone operations out of them.”.........

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/condoleezza-rice-yes-post-911-actions-made-us-safer-weve
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.