Author Topic: The future of special operations may look a lot different than the GWOT aesthetic we’ve come to know  (Read 76 times)

rangerrebew

The future of special operations may look a lot different than the GWOT aesthetic we’ve come to know
By Meghann Myers
 Sep 14, 01:35 PM

The days of the burly, bearded dude in Oakleys as the face of special operations might be waning. Special operations forces need a different focus, the director of strategy, plans and policy for Special Operations Command Central said Monday.

That look may have helped recruit a certain type of service member, Army Lt. Col. Katie Crombe said during the New America Future Security Forum, but it’s only a piece of the puzzle.

“...I kind of went back to what we feel about the posters and the stamps, or the branding, of special operations ― you know, the night vision goggles and the operator with all of the gear going into a building,” she said. “And I thought, you know, that’s that’s not what we need to be advertising fully right now, for us.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/09/14/the-future-of-special-operations-may-look-a-lot-different-than-the-gwot-aesthetic-weve-come-to-know/

rangerrebew

This is nothing more than another PC move because women can't match that "tough guy" look and that isn't "equitable" for women. :nono:

Offline Kamaji

The future of special operations may look a lot different than the GWOT aesthetic we’ve come to know
By Meghann Myers
 Sep 14, 01:35 PM

The days of the burly, bearded dude in Oakleys as the face of special operations might be waning. Special operations forces need a different focus, the director of strategy, plans and policy for Special Operations Command Central said Monday.

That look may have helped recruit a certain type of service member, Army Lt. Col. Katie Crombe said during the New America Future Security Forum, but it’s only a piece of the puzzle.

“...I kind of went back to what we feel about the posters and the stamps, or the branding, of special operations ― you know, the night vision goggles and the operator with all of the gear going into a building,” she said. “And I thought, you know, that’s that’s not what we need to be advertising fully right now, for us.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/09/14/the-future-of-special-operations-may-look-a-lot-different-than-the-gwot-aesthetic-weve-come-to-know/

Read the rest of the article, and my take-away is that the Special Ops recruitment will now be going full "woke", with an emphasis on diversity for the sake of diversity (i.e., racial quotas).

Does not bode well for Special Ops coming up.