Author Topic: Massive Makeshift Migrant Camp Under Border Bridge Triples in Size in a Matter of Days, Is Still Gro  (Read 2548 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
twitter.com/Dlw20161950/status/1440036813008084996

The incompetency of our government is to the point of surreal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The incompetency of our government is to the point of surreal.
I will maintain my belief that this in not incompetence, but intentional.
If they were incompetent, they would have screwed up and gotten something right by now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I will maintain my belief that this in not incompetence, but intentional.
If they were incompetent, they would have screwed up and gotten something right by now.

I completely agree! They can't possibly all be this incompetent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

BassWrangler

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
600 more Homeland Security agents sent to Del Rio, Texas, as Haitian migrant crisis continues: What we know

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/20/haitian-migrants-del-rio-texas-border-expulsion-what-know/8416939002/

An additional 600 Homeland Security personnel have been sent to the border in Del Rio, Texas, as thousands of refugees camped under a bridge are being taken back to Haiti, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas said  Monday.

More than 14,500 migrants – the vast majority of whom are Haitian, according to Del Rio officials – are facing high temperatures and poor conditions at a camp under a bridge.

Haitians have been crossing into the isolated city for weeks, but the number of migrants reached new levels in recent days, Mayorkas said.

In response to the rapid arrival, the United States closed the Mexican border Sunday to Del Rio, a city of about 35,000 people located roughly 145 miles west of San Antonio. Mexican authorities tightened immigration controls, cut off the entry points to Ciudad Acuña to stop more migrants from reaching the border, and announced it would also begin deporting Haitians.

About 3,500 migrants from the camp have already been relocated, and 3,000 more were expected to be relocated to another processing facility Monday, Mayorkas said.

At least three deportation flights with 145 passengers each arrived Sunday in Port-au-Prince, Haiti's capital, and Haiti said six flights were expected Tuesday.

The move signals a shift to using a pandemic-related law to immediately expel migrants without allowing them to claim asylum, a U.S. official who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly told The Associated Press.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday also sent a letter to President Joe Biden requesting a federal emergency declaration for the state. Abbott said he declared a disaster and has taken action under state law but "supplementary federal assistance is necessary to lessen the threat of disaster, save lives, and protect property, public health and safety."

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas troopers credited with retaking control of Del Rio border

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-troopers-credited-retaking-control-205500052.html

State troopers deployed to the border by Gov. Greg Abbott are being credited for doing the federal government’s job and stopping thousands more migrants in Mexico from illegally crossing into the United States after well over 15,000 made it through here late last week.

A swarm of Texas Department of Public Safety officers, known as troopers, descended on the riverbank Saturday afternoon as a show of force to deter people in Mexico from wading across the Rio Grande. Approximately 150 black SUVs were still lined up Sunday afternoon on the dirt road that runs parallel with the river.

Their arrival on the scene Saturday had an immediate impact, stopping foot traffic from primarily Haitian migrants who had been going back and forth between the U.S. and Mexico.

“With our DPS troopers, there have not been any crossings from that specific area,” Lt. Chris Olivarez, spokesman for the department's South Texas Region, said in an interview on Sunday.

The impact DPS’s arrival has had on Border Patrol agents has been significant. Despite it being the responsibility of Customs and Border Protection to patrol the nation’s borders, virtually all agents have been pulled from the field to transport migrants to and from holding facilities and then process and care for them once in custody.

Those under the bridge are in an unusual go-between point as they are not in custody, but they are waiting under the bridge in hopes of being taken into custody and then released into the U.S. They may claim asylum to avoid being flown back to Haiti, though Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Sunday that most families will be released into the country and adults will be repatriated.

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ASKS PENTAGON TO SEND MILITARY TO BORDER

A National Guardsman monitor traffic entering an area near the International Bridge where thousand of migrants, mostly from Haiti, have formed a makeshift camp, Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, in Del Rio, Texas. The U.S. is flying Haitians camped at Texas border town back to their homeland and trying to block others from crossing the border from Mexico. (AP Photo/Eric Gay) Eric Gay/AP

Jon Anfinsen, a Border Patrol agent who is president of the national union’s Del Rio chapter, said it was “great” seeing the state police officers pull in and hold the line because they regained control of the land that had fallen out of the federal government’s control.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is anyone following the flow upstream to see where they are coming from and how they are getting here, or is the focus on mopping up the blood while the patient keeps bleeding?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Haitians swarmed U.S. after hearing 'Joe Biden was opening the border'

WND By Art Moore 9/20/2021

https://www.wnd.com/2021/09/4947071/

Seeking asylum despite having lived in Chile, Brazil for years

An immigration expert in Del Rio, Texas, says all of the Haitian illegal immigrants he has interviewed among the 15,000 huddled at the U.S.-Mexico border in squalid conditions have lived "pretty good" lives in Chile or Brazil for the past several years.

"I've never met one yet who is actually coming directly from Haiti. But they will probably apply for asylum on the basis of [problems] in Haiti," said Todd Bensman, senior national security fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies and author of "America’s Covert Border War."

The reporting by Bensman, who has interviewed migrants for more than a year in his traveling through Guatemala and Mexico, was featured by New York Post columnist Miranda Devine.

Bensman said the Haitians in Del Rio were "living a pretty good life [in South America] but they are seeing an opportunity to improve their situation."

The Haitians, according to Bensman, "say they heard Joe Biden was opening the border up so they came."

Devine said the Department of Homeland Security has been placed "in an impossible situation," noting two senior officials resigned in the past week amid the influx of Afghan refugees and CNN is reporting infighting at the overwhelmed agency.

One migrant told Bensman that Chile was "1,000 times better than Haiti."

"But America is 1 million times better."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

Gee, it looks almost like a staged photo-op.
For heavens sake at least give those people Sharpies. I can't read their desperate pleas.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For crissakes, we're giving them a free flight home.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Most are being given free flights to our homes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Most are being given free flights to our homes.

Look on the bright side...free weekly goat and chicken sacrifices. Just remember one thing...Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

"You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body."

Now there is a plan.  Biden says no plan is off the table!   LOL
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Peculiar Baptist
@PeculiarBaptist
·
55m
0.2% of the population of Haiti is fully vaccinated, in case you think that the US government cares about health.

5:06 PM · Sep 21, 2021

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:40:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, we are not.  Biden is giving them free flights throughout the US.  @DefiantMassRINO