Author Topic: Woodward book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weap  (Read 49513 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I remember articles about Pelosi asking Milley about the codes and if Trump could launch...those rumors turned out to be true...and this was months ago.

Another thing that bothers me...Woodward's only concern was a book..instead of going to the President or even to the media/press and report what Milley was doing...but we all know where Woodward's loyalties lie....

@mystery-ak

You weren't imagining things.  Check the date on this CNN tweet.

CNN
@CNN
 · Jan 8
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told House Democrats that she has gotten assurances there are safeguards in place in the event President Trump wants to launch a nuclear weapon, according to multiple sources. https://cnn.it/35p922a
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi says she spoke to Gen. Milley about Trump and the nuclear codes

By Phil Mattingly, Clare Foran and Zachary Cohen, CNN

Updated 3:48 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2021
Clyburn: This is the problem with attempting impeachment
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/house-speaker-joint-chiefs-milley/index.html

Pelosi asks Joint Chiefs about preventing Trump ... - Politico
https://www.politico.com › news › 2021/01/08 › pelosi-...
Jan 8, 2021 — "He answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear ... things like nuclear codes," he said on NBC's "Today" show before Pelosi made ...

many articles
https://www.google.com/search?channel=cus5&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=pelosi+questions+milley+about+launch+codes
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I remember articles about Pelosi asking Milley about the codes and if Trump could launch...those rumors turned out to be true...and this was months ago.

Another thing that bothers me...Woodward's only concern was a book..instead of going to the President or even to the media/press and report what Milley was doing...but we all know where Woodward's loyalties lie....

@mystery-ak

CNN
@CNN
 · Jan 8
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told House Democrats that she has gotten assurances there are safeguards in place in the event President Trump wants to launch a nuclear weapon, according to multiple sources. https://cnn.it/35p922a
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
3m
To be clear:

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs promised to tip off the CCP if the US was planning military action
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

Cicero About 2500 years ago
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Milley was acting as a subversive double-agent while Trump was President.
Who knows how many people/countries he called? Who knows what they talked about?
Who can say what Milley told them about ongoing American military operations and preparedness.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Code of Vets ™
@codeofvets
·
3m
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Even if it is true nothing is going to happen to Milley @Right_in_Virginia This formerly great republic is too far gone now!

I'm desperately trying to believe there's one, damn tipping point out there @Bigun .... desperately trying.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm desperately trying to believe there's one, damn tipping point out there @Bigun .... desperately trying.

@Right_in_Virginia the fact that not one officer or SES civilian that was privy to these conversations and directives given by Milley informed anyone in the Generals chain of command of what he was doing shows we're no where close to a much needed "tipping point"

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Good luck with that @Right_in_Virginia  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Pot meet kettle...

Alexander S. Vindman
@AVindman
 · 28m
If this is true GEN Milley must resign. He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that. #dotherightthingintherightway twitter.com/washingtonpost…

Self awareness level = 0

@mystery-ak

I remembered this, too @txradioguy @mystery-ak

I also remember something candidate Joe Kent would talk about when talking about how/why his wife was killed in action.  I'm trying to find that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Right_in_Virginia the fact that not one officer or SES civilian that was privy to these conversations and directives given by Milley informed anyone in the Generals chain of command of what he was doing shows we're no where close to a much needed "tipping point"

No tipping point will come until Joe sixpack can no longer get what he needs at which point it will be FAR too late.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No tipping point will come until Joe sixpack can no longer get what he needs at which point it will be FAR too late.

And that mentality is how we've gotten so far down this God forsaken road already.

Too many people didn't care about what the Congress Critters were doing in DC because it didn't affect them.  It's the story of the boiling frog coming to life.

But now that it's out, I've got my fingers cross that Milley's going down hard .... and Pelosi is neutered and doesn't run again thanks to the mud about to land on her.   :crossed:

@txradioguy   Maybe hope DOES spring eternal   happy77

Offline Kamaji

Question for those who've served recently:  how is this likely to be taken by the rank-and-file?  Are we likely to see more resignations and loss of trust in the command chain?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But now that it's out, I've got my fingers cross that Milley's going down hard .... and Pelosi is neutered and doesn't run again thanks to the mud about to land on her.   :crossed:

I hope you're right...but after 23 years in uniform I've grown a bit skeptical.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Question for those who've served recently:  how is this likely to be taken by the rank-and-file?  Are we likely to see more resignations and loss of trust in the command chain?

Those that pay attention and know how chains of command and rank structure work will be angry.  Those that know about how the civilian control of the military is supposed to work will be gobsmacked.

And even those that don't pay that much attention will know this is wrong and wonder if their own leadership will undermine them the same way.

As for resignations, IMHO if they didn't happen over what Milley did as outlined in that book it's not gonna happen.  Too many senior officers...as well as NCO's are more worried about their careers and their own advancements than doing what is right.,

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

A few days ago, a Marine Lt. Colonel was forced out for making a public statement about something. Nowhere near this level of malfeasance!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Those that pay attention and know how chains of command and rank structure work will be angry.  Those that know about how the civilian control of the military is supposed to work will be gobsmacked.

And even those that don't pay that much attention will know this is wrong and wonder if their own leadership will undermine them the same way.

As for resignations, IMHO if they didn't happen over what Milley did as outlined in that book it's not gonna happen.  Too many senior officers...as well as NCO's are more worried about their careers and their own advancements than doing what is right.,

Thanks