General Category > Books and Authors

Woodward book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weap

<< < (81/82) > >>

Bigun:
Peril author Bob Woodward reveals Gen. Milley briefed top brass about China call and ordered Pacific region admiral to CANCEL operations that could be seen as 'provocative': Trump allies say he undermined President's orders

Bob Woodward said Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley briefed four entities on his backchannel calls with China behind President Trump's back

'There's nothing hidden about this,' Woodward assured

When asked if he knew he was reporting on 'treasonous behavior' by Milley in his new book, he replied: 'No, not at all'

Woodward said Milley told CIA Director Gina Haspel,  NSA Director Paul Nakasone and chiefs of the military branches to 'watch everything'

Also ordered an admiral in charge of the Pacific region to 'cancel operations that the Chinese might see as provocative'

Woodward and Robert Costa's new book 'Peril' hits shelves on Tuesday

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on September 20, 2021, 03:08:45 pm ---They are bringing out the big guns now. I see that former Supreme Allied Commander Europe Admiral (ret) James Stavridis has a puff piece our saying that Milley was just being a good soldier doing the right thing.

Only problem is that on the credibility standpoint Stavridis isn't the best person to be vouching for Milley.  Seems the good Admiral had some issues with money...specifically in the realm of official and unofficial travel and "other matters".

Officially he was cleared...but I worked in the unit that helped create the paper trail to get him off the hook.

--- End quote ---
You know they're going to circle the wagons, especially when a charge of treason isn't off the table.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 20, 2021, 03:21:48 pm ---You know they're going to circle the wagons, especially when a charge of treason isn't off the table.

--- End quote ---

Last night Levin brought up the point rightfully that Woodward sat on the story 3 months before publishing in his book.  Patiently waiting on the reprecusioons of that. /s

txradioguy:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 20, 2021, 03:21:48 pm ---You know they're going to circle the wagons, especially when a charge of treason isn't off the table.

--- End quote ---

I'm waiting for the "Five former Chiefs of Staff sign letter defending Milley's Actions" to appear in the NY Times or the WaPo

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on September 14, 2021, 04:37:30 pm ---Wow.  So he attempted to conduct a full coup.

--- End quote ---

@Kamaji

I'm so old I can remember when that was called "Treason".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version