Author Topic: Woodward book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weap  (Read 48390 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Peril author Bob Woodward reveals Gen. Milley briefed top brass about China call and ordered Pacific region admiral to CANCEL operations that could be seen as 'provocative': Trump allies say he undermined President's orders

Bob Woodward said Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley briefed four entities on his backchannel calls with China behind President Trump's back

'There's nothing hidden about this,' Woodward assured

When asked if he knew he was reporting on 'treasonous behavior' by Milley in his new book, he replied: 'No, not at all'

Woodward said Milley told CIA Director Gina Haspel,  NSA Director Paul Nakasone and chiefs of the military branches to 'watch everything'

Also ordered an admiral in charge of the Pacific region to 'cancel operations that the Chinese might see as provocative'

Woodward and Robert Costa's new book 'Peril' hits shelves on Tuesday

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are bringing out the big guns now. I see that former Supreme Allied Commander Europe Admiral (ret) James Stavridis has a puff piece our saying that Milley was just being a good soldier doing the right thing.

Only problem is that on the credibility standpoint Stavridis isn't the best person to be vouching for Milley.  Seems the good Admiral had some issues with money...specifically in the realm of official and unofficial travel and "other matters".

Officially he was cleared...but I worked in the unit that helped create the paper trail to get him off the hook.
You know they're going to circle the wagons, especially when a charge of treason isn't off the table.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You know they're going to circle the wagons, especially when a charge of treason isn't off the table.

Last night Levin brought up the point rightfully that Woodward sat on the story 3 months before publishing in his book.  Patiently waiting on the reprecusioons of that. /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I'm waiting for the "Five former Chiefs of Staff sign letter defending Milley's Actions" to appear in the NY Times or the WaPo
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wow.  So he attempted to conduct a full coup.

@Kamaji

I'm so old I can remember when that was called "Treason".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Milley needs to go, preferably with a court martial.  What he did was treason.  He should be denied his pension, and sent to prison for life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Milley has some explaining to do....on why he didn't commit treason.

@mystery-ak

I can hear her explanation now,"I'm just a gurl......!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If he was so concerned, why didn't he initiate Amendment 25 proceedings, or speak to those who could?  That is what the 25th Amendment is ostensibly for.

But no. Instead, he decided to commit treason.

@Kamaji

Anybody surprised by this never paid any attention to what Miss Miley has said and done in the past.

I would really like to know who her "rabbi's"  were in the military and the government that made sure she kept getting promoted instead of getting booted out of the army. She didn't become the CMMFIC by accident.