Author Topic: Al Franken Keeping ‘Options Open’ on Return to Politics  (Read 138 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Franken Keeping ‘Options Open’ on Return to Politics
« on: September 14, 2021, 01:57:56 pm »
Al Franken Keeping ‘Options Open’ on Return to Politics

Matthew Foldi • September 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Disgraced former Democratic senator Al Franken says he is keeping his political "options open."

Franken, who has returned to stand-up comedy since he resigned from the U.S. Senate in 2018 after multiple women accused him of sexual harassment, told a Massachusetts paper that he is considering another bid for public office. "I'm keeping my options open," Franken told the Republican.

Franken's soon-to-begin comedy tour, "The Only Former U.S. Senator Currently on Tour," is an attempt by the two-term senator to impact politics from outside Washington, D.C. "I believe comedy and satire is a very valid way—and sometimes almost a more productive way—of affecting public opinion," Franken said.

Franken also criticized his Democratic colleagues for forcing him out without giving him a chance to defend himself. "I wanted due process, but I had 36 colleagues and a majority leader who wouldn't give it to me, so it was impossible. But you do have some regrets. It was a very weird, tough situation at that moment," Franken said. "I love the Senate. I love the work that I did."

more
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/al-franken-keeping-options-open-on-return-to-politics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Al Franken Keeping ‘Options Open’ on Return to Politics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 02:01:09 pm »
:facepalm2:

Maybe he can do a two-"man" act with Cuomo?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 02:25:55 pm »
Obligatory pic showing Al in his most iconic and dignified role.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 02:28:11 pm »
Even with actual photos of him simulating groping a sleeping woman, Franken knows cheating his way back into office is a piece of cake these days, and getting easier.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 02:29:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 04:52:36 pm »
Gosh, when I glanced at the headline, I thought Franken was taking Sheldon's place on the Big Bang Theory.

Or maybe Leonard as he looks more like him?

But then again, he dresses more like Howard, doesn't he?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 04:54:49 pm »
Even with actual photos of him simulating groping a sleeping woman, Franken knows cheating his way back into office is a piece of cake these days, and getting easier.

Especially in Minnesota. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.