Author Topic: Roughly Half of COVID Hospitalizations Were Mild or Asymptomatic Cases: New Study  (Read 220 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roughly Half of COVID Hospitalizations Were Mild or Asymptomatic Cases: New Study
Spencer Brown

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 9:10 AM

A new study — still pending peer review — picked up by The Atlantic, of all places, puts the recent fearmongering over the number of hospitalized Americans with the Wuhan coronavirus in perspective. Most notably, the study conducted by a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, found that many of those "hospitalized with COVID" are not the dire situations hyped by liberal media and leading Democrats.

The main narrative-shattering takeaway researchers arrived at: "Roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease."

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1437530675947704325

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/09/14/new-study-suggests-panic-over-covid-hospitalization-rates-is-overblown-n2595819
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
OTOH, Pedo Joe is getting the benefit of failed pandemic response., when a good chunk of recent COVID news is and has been scare tactics.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

The headline the Atlantic (a left-wing propaganda outlet) gave to the piece is quite revealing:  "Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning"

That should be more like "Our Most Reliable Pandemic Fearmongering Tool is Losing its Effectiveness"

Offline Kamaji

BTW, the referenced paper, in pre-print format, can be downloaded as pdf here:  https://assets.researchsquare.com/files/rs-898254/v1/a9578da4-091e-41c9-8df0-2ece9484dabe.pdf?c=1631543999

I'd recommend grabbing a copy and saving it locally, to use as a means of truth-testing the ultimate peer-reviewed version, which will no doubt have been "peer-reviewed" to the point where it's conclusions are the opposite of the conclusions the paper now contains.

I've saved a copy for myself.

Online DB

Someone commenting on the linked article said they're getting COVID-1984...

Offline mountaineer

"Roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease."
I can understand being hospitalized for another reason, but the second part of that sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Aren't those the people who could have stayed home and eaten chicken soup?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

I can understand being hospitalized for another reason, but the second part of that sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Aren't those the people who could have stayed home and eaten chicken soup?

Yes, but they didn't.  And, for whatever reason, they got admitted.  Most likely they had some other pre-existing condition/complication, plus a mild case, and - for political or monetary purposes - they were admitted to the hospital.

Don't forget, with all the fearmongering, that there are plenty of hypochondriacs out there who will hyperventilate themselves into a hospital admission if they happen to have even a mere positive PCR test.

In other words, the COVID hospitalization numbers were woefully overstated, and were - and are - a particularly bad metric for measuring how dangerous this supposed "pandemic" is.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:26:33 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Polly Ticks

Yes, but people are being led to believe they will most likely go on a ventilator and die if they test positive.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DB

Federal money and an open bed. Also, a number of people admitted for other reasons could well have caught Covid while in the hospital. That moves them to the Covid accounting column. Never mind the reality of it all.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, but they didn't.  And, for whatever reason, they got admitted.  Most likely they had some other pre-existing condition/complication, plus a mild case, and - for political or monetary purposes - they were admitted to the hospital.

Don't forget, with all the fearmongering, that there are plenty of hypochondriacs out there who will hyperventilate themselves into a hospital admission if they happen to have even a mere positive PCR test.

In other words, the COVID hospitalization numbers were woefully overstated, and were - and are - a particularly bad metric for measuring how dangerous this supposed "pandemic" is.
I know a person--who shall remain unidentified for their privacy--who developed symptoms shortly after Christmas but flatly refused to get tested, because they knew that the health care system would probably force them to go to the hospital because of age. This person recovered.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:23:34 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Federal money and an open bed. Also, a number of people admitted for other reasons could well have caught Covid while in the hospital. That moves them to the Covid accounting column. Never mind the reality of it all.
Indeed, the hospital is the most dangerous place for infection with this virus outside the home. Case in point: earlier this summer, our county had almost eradicated the virus. There was only one case, and it was isolated in the county's only hospital. A few days later, four positive cases, all in that hospital.

It's something to consider when the maskholes who keep pushing for more mandates keep saying "well, doctors and nurses wear them!" And how is that working out for them?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024