Author Topic: Dems’ proposed Civilian Climate Corps fuels fears of Green New Deal army  (Read 209 times)

rangerrebew

Dems’ proposed Civilian Climate Corps fuels fears of Green New Deal army

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 8, 2021

House Republicans want to ax the Civilian Climate Corps, citing concerns that the New Deal-modeled program will siphon desperately needed workers from the private sector while creating a federally funded battalion of Greta Thunbergs.

Democrats on the House Natural Resources Committee killed last week a proposed amendment by Rep. Lauren Boebert, Colorado Republican, to strike the $3.5 billion allocation from the reconciliation budget, but House Republicans may have another opportunity at Thursday’s mark-up.

“There is absolutely no reason to funnel money toward a program like this when so many of our industries are already struggling to find workers,” said Ms. Boebert at the hearing. “The duties and responsibilities of the CCC are vague and undefined. Whether it was intentional or a result from negligence is unclear. Either way, it should not be allowed.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/sep/8/civilian-climate-corps-proposal-fuels-fears-green-/

rangerrebew

Re: Dems’ proposed Civilian Climate Corps fuels fears of Green New Deal army
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 07:04:59 pm »
STASI!!!!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 07:56:59 pm »
Obama's Private Army.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 08:43:53 pm »

They are coming to take away your furnaces and wood stoves.  No Winter heat for you!

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 08:49:14 pm »
That is the nice thing about fire wood and logs.  They can keep you warm and you can use them to beat the bloody piss out of someone who tries to take your fire box.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 10:19:23 pm »
That is the nice thing about fire wood and logs.  They can keep you warm and you can use them to beat the bloody piss out of someone who tries to take your fire box.
(and then invite the officers to warm themselves next to the burning murder weapon....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:47 pm »
Obama's Private Army.

Exactly...and the you tube videos showing his army in training were taken down years ago along with the locations of the American gulags.  People back then thought that I was buying into conspiracy theories...really? I don't think so .... U.N. troop I believe are positioned and ready as well.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:31:44 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 10:47:26 pm »
(and then invite the officers to warm themselves next to the burning murder weapon....)
I like the way you think.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.