Author Topic: Will Gen Z Save the World?  (Read 99 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will Gen Z Save the World?
« on: September 13, 2021, 01:38:06 pm »
September 13, 2021
Will Gen Z Save the World?
By Rob Jenkins

As a college professor for over 35 years, I’ve gotten to know three generations of students: Gen Y (born between 1965 and 1980), the Millennials (1981-1996), and now Gen Z (1997-2012). And because I teach rhetoric, I’ve read thousands of their papers, providing substantial insight into the way they think.

To be sure, each generation has had its share of good kids and bright minds. In general, however, I found that Millennials presented unique challenges. They were, as a group, the most entitled, judgmental, and arrogant of all the students I’ve taught, often basing an inflated sense of self-importance on scanty evidence.

Essentially, they are the “participation trophy” generation, the unwitting victims of countless artificial “self-esteem building” experiments by the education establishment, not to mention their own parents. These are the kids who were told from kindergarten on how special they were—and, unfortunately, they believed it.

Their essays and verbal comments were characterized by poor reasoning, shoddy arguments, and the elevation of pathos over logos, along with a deep-seated, quasi-religious certitude. Apparently, they felt no need to support their positions with evidence. They were right simply because of who they were: the smartest kids ever. Hadn’t their parents and teachers always told them so?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/09/will_gen_z_save_the_world.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Will Gen Z Save the World?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »
I certainly hope he's correct.  My child is Gen-Z, and I can see some of the things he describes in my child; however, I will keep my fingers crossed.

That being said, he certainly did nail the essential characteristics of the Millennials as a generation.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 02:13:20 pm »
I thought Gen-X was 1965 to 1980.  They were afflicted with Pac Man Fever and Atari Thumb outbreaks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 12:31:41 am »
Gen z?
Save the world?

Don't be silly.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 12:39:05 am »
Gen Z are basically the children of Gen X, so no surprise there.
The Republic is lost.