Author Topic: Blinken in Hot Seat: Biden’s Secretary of State to Face Music in Congress over Deadly Afghanistan Ex  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just one more circus to entertain the masses.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blinken actually showed up on Cap Hill..this time the Senate will ask him softball questions.. 888mouth
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1437522618651922436

Total bull.  The Trump administration negotiated a basis for an orderly, pro-American withdrawal, and developed comprehensive plans for that withdrawal - which were working up through 1/20/2021, until they were thrown out by the Biden (mal)administration:  https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/i-ran-trumps-afghan-withdrawal-bidens-attempt-to-blame-us-is-sad/

Offline Kamaji

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1437510677615235072

Flat-out lie.  The Trump administration had a well-crafted plan already in place, which was beginning to be executed - without casualties - which the Biden (mal)administration simply threw out:  https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/i-ran-trumps-afghan-withdrawal-bidens-attempt-to-blame-us-is-sad/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Flat-out lie.  The Trump administration had a well-crafted plan already in place, which was beginning to be executed - without casualties - which the Biden (mal)administration simply threw out:  https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/i-ran-trumps-afghan-withdrawal-bidens-attempt-to-blame-us-is-sad/

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Emily Miller
@emilymiller
·
2m
"A full accounting of the US response to this crisis is not complete without the Pentagon. I expect the secretary will avail himself before the committee in the near future. And if he does not I may consider the use of subpoena power to compel him..." -Menendez on SecDef 2/2
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
2m
Sen Menendez says Afghanistan "due in large part to February 2020 surrender deal negotiated by Donald Trump, a deal that was clearly built on a set of lies. A deal that led to the release of 5,000 hardened Taliban fighters...[with] no intention of breaking ties with al Qaeda."
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Solomon
@jsolomonReports
·
3m
Senate Foreign Relations chair says defense secretary declined to testify on Afghanistan withdraw | Just The News
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Was Blinken put under oath?  Just askin'  :whistle:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
2m
Sen Menendez says Afghanistan "due in large part to February 2020 surrender deal negotiated by Donald Trump, a deal that was clearly built on a set of lies. A deal that led to the release of 5,000 hardened Taliban fighters...[with] no intention of breaking ties with al Qaeda."

Baloney.  There was absolutely no need for the Biden rout.  And if the Biden (mal)administration had followed the Trump-developed withdrawal plan, all would have gone much, much better than it actually went.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Philip Melanchthon Wegmann
@PhilipWegmann
·
1m
Romney: In terms of legal permanent residents, is your priority, just as high to get them out as it is to get out citizens?

Blinken: "Senator our number one priority is American citizens..."

Romney: "I didn't realize this a secondary level of priority."
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael P Pregent
@MPPregent
·
57s
You realize, we're having a hearing on leaving Americans behind and Blinken has no idea how many are left and his only answer is to trust our counter-terrorism partner and al-Qaeda ally - the Taliban.  The Taliban are our only hope.

Pathetic.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney actually asking good questions.

"You did not inherit the May 31st deadline..you pushed it back until Aug 31st"...no one else has said that!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
46s
Blinken tells Sen. Murphy 2,500 U.S. troops would not have prevented Afghanistan from falling to the Taliban
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael P Pregent
@MPPregent
·
1m
Remember the U.S. deployed 5k troops after the Afghans stormed the airport in Kabul.

The Taliban flooded the zone and the response was to deploy forces.

They were deployed afterwards to secure the airport and keep that from happening again.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1437806395223678978

Why not?  According to the transcript of the call with the Afghani president and Biden, we know very well that you were informed of this likelihood while there was still time to change the withdrawal plan.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
2m
Sen. Portman pushing back on Blinken saying U.S. withdrawal not a "sign of weakness." Portman outraged that Afghan interpreters were left behind, says 3/4 of Afghans evacuated were "not qualified." Says NATO commanders "shocked" and U.S. pull out has "shaken foundations" of NATO.
Support the USO