Author Topic: Understanding General Mark Milley  (Read 2086 times)

rangerrebew

Understanding General Mark Milley
« on: September 13, 2021, 10:59:43 am »

July 15, 2021
Understanding General Mark Milley
By Warren Beatty

The first thing I learned at Army Officer Candidate School is that all officers have two primary duties: accomplish the assigned mission and take care of the men ('men' is an all-inclusive term that includes women).  I didn't rise to the rank of general, nor did I go to West Point.  Those people may have been taught something different, but I doubt it (West Point grads and/or General Officers, correct me if I'm wrong).

Assuming I'm correct, consider General Mark Milley's performance on 30 June before a House Armed Services Committee hearing to discuss the 2022 Defense Department budget.  General Milley,  Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the highest-ranking and most senior military officer in the United States, when considering his first duty, must have assigned himself the mission: 'look woke during testimony.'  On that, I rate him a 10 of 10. He succeeded.

But I rate his accomplishment of the second duty a 0 of 10.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/understanding_general_mark_milley_.html

Offline Absalom

Re: Understanding General Mark Milley
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 10:28:10 pm »
Miley had some 40+ ribbons decorating his chest.
How many came from direct involvement in combat ???
Betting here is close to zero, predictable of Pentagon Types!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 10:36:37 pm »
Miley had some 40+ ribbons decorating his chest.
How many came from direct involvement in combat ???
Betting here is close to zero, predictable of Pentagon Types!

@Absalom

A lot of them are awards (not really what most people would call "medals") for staff assignments,graduating from advanced military schools,"Ah wuz dere!" ribbons,and flat out,awards he did NOT earn,like the Combat Infantryman Badge.

His  Bronze Star Medals are for "Meritorious Service",NOT bravery.

It's all about having the "right Rabbi" in Congress.

IIRC,McArthur put himself in for a Medal of Honor for "his defense of the Phillipine Islands",and was pissed when it was denied. IF I remember correctly,which is no better than  a 50/50 chance these days,he put himself in for it because his father had 3 Medal of Honor Awards (at one time you could sometime get one for re-enlisting),and he already had two awards  he had put himself in for,so he wanted to match his father.

No doubt that Dugout Doug had some stones when it came to his own glory.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:47:10 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 10:57:04 pm »
It is impossible to make it to the general staff these days without first being a master politician. Like it or not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 11:00:31 pm »
It is impossible to make it to the general staff these days without first being a master politician. Like it or not.

@Bigun

You have to earn your first star. The others require political influence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 11:08:38 pm »
@Bigun

You have to earn your first star. The others require political influence.

Used to be like that but not anymore @sneakypete It's all political now. Been that way since Slick Willy made it so.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 11:14:26 pm »
@Absalom
A lot of them are awards (not really what most people would call "medals") for staff assignments, graduating from advanced military schools, "Ah wuz dere!" ribbons, and flat out awards he did NOT earn, like the Combat Infantryman Badge. His Bronze Star Medals are for "Meritorious Service", not bravery. It's all about having the "right Rabbi" in Congress.
IIRC, McArthur put himself in for a Medal of Honor for "his defense of the Phillipine Islands", and was pissed when it was denied. IF I remember correctly, which is no better than a 50/50 chance these days, he put himself in for it because his father had 3 Medal of Honor Awards (at one time you could sometimes get one for re-enlisting), and he already had two awards he had put himself in for, so he wanted to match his father.
--------------
As I suspected; thank you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 09:25:42 am »
Used to be like that but not anymore @sneakypete It's all political now. Been that way since Slick Willy made it so.

@Bigun

You are probably right. Everything has probably changed since I was discharged.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 11:38:55 am »
I understand all I need to.

He made General Jubilation T. Cornpone look like a military genius.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 01:15:40 pm »
All that really needs to be known is that he attended Ivy League schools.  That makes him a big liberal and not necessarily patriotic to the cause of America. :headbang:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 01:35:42 pm »
Milley does not worry about war, neither winning or losing them.
Milley's biggest concerns are if he has lipstick on his teeth and dealing with his own 'White Rage'.
Milley is looking into doing a reverse Michael Jackson.
He wants to make himself a Black man so he can fit in wit his peeps.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 03:08:59 pm »
Milley does not worry about war, neither winning or losing them.
Milley's biggest concerns are if he has lipstick on his teeth and dealing with his own 'White Rage'.
Milley is looking into doing a reverse Michael Jackson.
He wants to make himself a Black man so he can fit in wit his peeps.

I think he has the RAM syndrome.  RAM is short for Reverse Anal Manifestation.  That's when you have your head up your *ss and have a sh*tty outlook on life.   farter000000

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 03:30:17 pm »
I think he has the RAM syndrome.  RAM is short for Reverse Anal Manifestation.  That's when you have your head up your *ss and have a sh*tty outlook on life.   farter000000
Milley has a lot to worry about, but none of his/her obsessions have anything to do with winning wars.
He/She is more concerned with being the epitome of 'Political Correctness' than he/she is about his troops or any conflict.
I'm sure he/she is glad America was kicked out of Afghanistan. Now, he can focus on what's really important.
Like making sure he/she has the correct ratio of minorities, women, trans, and homosexuals on the promotion list every month.
That's what is most important to him/her/it.
Milley says, 'Screw Afghanistan! I never really cared about that war anyway.'
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 03:36:03 pm »
You shouldn't degrade women by using the pronoun she when referring to Milley! :silly:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 03:44:45 pm »
@Absalom

A lot of them are awards (not really what most people would call "medals") for staff assignments,graduating from advanced military schools,"Ah wuz dere!" ribbons,and flat out,awards he did NOT earn,like the Combat Infantryman Badge.

His  Bronze Star Medals are for "Meritorious Service",NOT bravery.

It's all about having the "right Rabbi" in Congress.

IIRC,McArthur put himself in for a Medal of Honor for "his defense of the Phillipine Islands",and was pissed when it was denied. IF I remember correctly,which is no better than  a 50/50 chance these days,he put himself in for it because his father had 3 Medal of Honor Awards (at one time you could sometime get one for re-enlisting),and he already had two awards  he had put himself in for,so he wanted to match his father.

MacArthur was denied the MoH twice before (Veracruz and WWI).  It was George Marshall that actually recommended Mac for the one he was eventually presented with in WWII.  As much as his massive ego probably justified it...there's not a way possible to put yourself in for that particular medal. 

The ones that allegedly got the MoH for reenlisting...that's part true and part myth...were purged from the MoH rolls early in the 20th Century.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »
You shouldn't degrade women by using the pronoun she when referring to Milley! :silly:
I was just using the language he/she prefers, so as not to offend him/her/it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 05:59:04 pm »
MacArthur was denied the MoH twice before (Veracruz and WWI).  It was George Marshall that actually recommended Mac for the one he was eventually presented with in WWII.  As much as his massive ego probably justified it...there's not a way possible to put yourself in for that particular medal. 

The ones that allegedly got the MoH for reenlisting...that's part true and part myth...were purged from the MoH rolls early in the 20th Century.

@txradioguy

My memory sucks due to chemo,but I CLEARLY remember reading about a Union drummer boy being given the MoH during the War of Northern Agression for re-enlisting.

And "Yes,I DO take MoH awards as seriously as  a heart attack. I was friends with at least 6 VN MoH winners,and served under a LTC (Ola Mize,one of THE nicest and most modest men you could ever meet) that was awarded the MoH during the Korean War.

I don't get that worked up over stuff like a Bronze Star,but I draw the line at Silver Stars and higher awards. Even at my advanced age if I spot someone that I know wearing a SS or higher award that wasn't awarded it,I will tear it off of him,and might tear a part of his head off at the same time. This is some industrial-strength heavy duty stuff,and I do not take it lightly.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 06:03:30 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 06:00:51 pm »
@txradioguy

My memory sucks due to chemo,but I CLEARLY remember reading about a Union drummer boy being given the MoH during the War of Northern Agression for re-enlisting.

@sneakypete I've heard that story as well.

Now it looks like Milley's next award may come from the People's Army of China.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 06:05:08 pm »
@sneakypete I've heard that story as well.

Now it looks like Milley's next award may come from the People's Army of China.

@txradioguy

And we won't be able to bitch about that one because he has clearly earned it.

It is probably best for me if I never get close to him. I am already a little dizzy from elevated BP,just from thinking and writing about the SOB.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 06:06:35 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 06:08:27 pm »

@txradioguy

It is probably best for me if I never get close to him. I am already a little dizzy from elevated BP,just from thinking and writing about the SOB.

You won't I won't none of us peons will. The commies will see to that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 06:26:37 pm »
You won't I won't none of us peons will. The commies will see to that.

@Bigun

I bet that sooner or later that fool will show up for the annual Special Operations event in Vegas.

Not real sure how well that would work out for him,though. Lots of those guys ain't as mellow as I am.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2021, 06:43:31 pm »

@txradioguy

He'd be best to avoid any retired Long Tabber for the near future.

What's going to be interesting is how he will be received at the Association of the US Army convention coming up later this month.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 09:47:45 pm »
He'd be best to avoid any retired Long Tabber for the near future.

What's going to be interesting is how he will be received at the Association of the US Army convention coming up later this month.

@txradioguy

I am hoping there is a LOT of whiskey consumed.

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 10:22:33 pm »
I can't wait for Milley's Execution.

Will they show it on TV?

A Treason charge could lead to a firing squad.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 10:32:02 pm »
I can't wait for Milley's Execution.

Will they show it on TV?

A Treason charge could lead to a firing squad.

As long as he's on team Joe, it's never going to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.