Author Topic: Supreme Court votes 5-4 to leave Texas abortion law in place  (Read 362 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Supreme Court votes 5-4 to leave Texas abortion law in place
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:12:09 pm »
Supreme Court votes 5-4 to leave Texas abortion law in place

A deeply divided Supreme Court is allowing a Texas law that bans most abortions to remain in force, for now stripping most women of the right to an abortion in the nation’s second-largest state.

The court voted 5-4 to deny an emergency appeal from abortion providers and others that sought to block enforcement of the law that went into effect Wednesday. But the justices also suggested that their order likely isn't the last word on whether the law can stand because other challenges to it can still be brought.

The Texas law, signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott in May, prohibits abortions once medical professionals can detect cardiac activity, usually around six weeks and before many women know they’re pregnant.

It is the strictest law against abortion rights in the United States since the high court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision in 1973 and part of a broader push by Republicans nationwide to impose new restrictions on abortion. At least 12 other states have enacted bans early in pregnancy, but all have been blocked from going into effect.

The high court's order declining to halt the Texas law came just before midnight Wednesday. The majority said those bringing the case had not met the high burden required for a stay of the law..............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-court-votes-5-4-to-leave-texas-abortion-law-in-place
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Re: Supreme Court votes 5-4 to leave Texas abortion law in place
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 07:19:55 pm »
John roberts is such a cowardly weenie. Seems he and W are two peas in a pod.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Supreme Court votes 5-4 to leave Texas abortion law in place
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 07:24:50 pm »
John roberts is such a cowardly weenie. Seems he and W are two peas in a pod.

Roberts is a liberal and there's just no way denying that.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.