Author Topic: Football season thread - Fall 2021 🏈  (Read 2830 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Football season thread - Fall 2021 🏈
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 02:16:30 am »
YIKES!!!

My Buffalo Bills are definitely peaking at the right time.   Won their last 4 games and have played a virtual PURRFECT 1st half going up 20-0

Didn't even realize they have the league's #1 defense.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2022, 03:52:30 am »
SEVEN possessions...ending in SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS!

47-10 BILLS with over 8 minutes remaining.

600+ yards of total offense.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2022, 04:05:36 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2022, 04:41:25 pm »
That game was a glorious smackdown to behold.

I remember the same talking heads after the first Patriots Bills game saying the dynasty was back—well, um… not so much. There aren't a lot of 30+ point blowouts that are a pure joy to watch, beginning to end. Last night was one of them. Western New York is lit up in a way I haven't seen since 2017. Even the maskhole politicians are partying tonight.

Good to see Cincinnati get the 31-year monkey off their back, too.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2022, 04:59:00 pm »
Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, late 50s and early 60s respectively, hyping up the crowd like they're ready to suit up and get back in the game.
https://fb.watch/aA1-NxIz0r/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2022, 01:03:00 am »
The only game I cared about.  Cowgirls lost!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2022, 04:00:27 am »
The only game I cared about.  Cowgirls lost!

Agree!!!  I've disliked them since Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2022, 02:40:52 am »
Omg, the Bills-Chiefs game. Hang on for 13 seconds, Bills!

Geez, they're killing me!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:44:59 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 03:34:10 am »
Tough break, @mountaineer @DCPatriot

You have my condolences.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 03:48:42 am »
Tough break, @mountaineer @DCPatriot

You have my condolences.

8888crybaby    13 bleepin' seconds...    ***suicide***

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2022, 03:51:46 am »
Omg, the Bills-Chiefs game. Hang on for 13 seconds, Bills!

Geez, they're killing me!

@mountaineer   @Hoodat

The Super Bowl is anti-climatic!  You just saw the greatest play-off game in NFL history.    Feel so bad for the BILLS!

They had no answer for Kelce in the flat...  shaking my head.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 03:57:52 am »
@mountaineer   @Hoodat

The Super Bowl is anti-climatic!  You just saw the greatest play-off game in NFL history.    Feel so bad for the BILLS!

They had no answer for Kelce in the flat...  shaking my head.

How about those Chiefs!!!!   :tongue2:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 03:58:57 am »

Gonna kick your ass, Liberty!!    :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 04:03:07 am »
Gonna kick your ass, Liberty!!    :laugh:
Yikes.   :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 04:10:55 am »
Yikes.   :laugh:

:beer:  Congratulations!  Now win it all!   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 12:04:34 pm »
INSANE WALK OFF ENDING!!! Rams vs. Buccaneers

https://youtu.be/sWMnphaMdZs

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2022, 12:20:48 pm »
GAME OF THE YEAR WILD ENDING:  Bills vs Chiefs

https://youtu.be/ZyXnCPbK6NI

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 01:05:07 pm »
GAME OF THE YEAR WILD ENDING:  Bills vs Chiefs

https://youtu.be/ZyXnCPbK6NI

I'm physically 'sick' after watching that. 

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 01:59:50 pm »
I'm physically 'sick' after watching that.

Sorry ..... If it helps, Steve still can't talk about it  :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 03:15:09 pm »
Sorry ..... If it helps, Steve still can't talk about it  :laugh:

@DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia

It was the greatest football game of all time! 

It WAS the Super Bowl.

In hindsight, the BILLS should have made sure the CHIEFS had to field the kick-off with 13 seconds left instead of not killing a single second by kicking it thru the end zone.   Make the CHIEFS touch the ball and call "time-out".

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2022, 04:36:51 pm »
In hindsight, the BILLS should have made sure the CHIEFS had to field the kick-off with 13 seconds left instead of not killing a single second by kicking it thru the end zone.   Make the CHIEFS touch the ball and call "time-out".
Yes. Taking time outs didn't help, either. I'm not necessarily a Bills fan, I just don't like Mahomes. Oh well. There's always the next game.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 04:54:23 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

It was the greatest football game of all time! 

It WAS the Super Bowl.

I'm wondering if I'll ever again be able to say "13" with Steve in earshot   

@DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »
I'm wondering if I'll ever again be able to say "13" with Steve in earshot   

@DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia

"13 Steps" refers to the number of stair steps to the gallows. 

It's the first thing I thought of watching those last 13 bleeping seconds of regulation.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2022, 01:26:10 am »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2022, 02:27:16 pm »
Yeah I kind of like the Chiefs as well since their quarterback played for Texas Tech.