Author Topic: Is The US surface Temperature Record a Reliable Indicator of Warming?  (Read 109 times)

rangerrebew

Is The US surface Temperature Record a Reliable Indicator of Warming?

An official U.S. Climate monitoring station, operated by NOAA/NWS at the University of Arizona, Tucson. It has been closed since it was revealed that it was sited in a hot parking lot.

Pro: Multiple Studies Confirm the Reliability

A recent study conducted by scientists at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information found no evidence that the U.S. temperature trend is inflated by poor siting of stations that comprise the US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN).

NCEI scientists conducted this study to determine the reliability of surface temperature trends over the conterminous U.S. (CONUS) following photographic documentation of poor siting conditions at USHCN stations.

A comparison of trends derived from poorly and well-sited USHCN stations indicates that there is a bias associated with poor exposure sites in the unadjusted USHCN version 2 data (relative to data from good exposure sites). However, this bias is consistent with previous studies documenting the impact of the widespread conversion to electronic sensors in the USHCN during the last 25 years because the majority of poor exposure sites were subject to this instrument change.

https://everythingclimate.org/the-us-surface-temperature-record-is-unreliable/

rangerrebew

Re: Is The US surface Temperature Record a Reliable Indicator of Warming?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 02:02:26 pm »
How much difference can a type of surface make in temperature reading?  When the aircraft carrier I was on was overseas in the Philippines, we still had command inspections even if it was hot.  One guy in my division would polish his shoes until they gleamed - then he went up to the flight deck.  Before the Captain could get to him, he had already failed the inspection because his shoes looked so bad - the polish had melted from the heat of the steel.  They shined anywhere else but it was too hot to keep polish from melting up there.  If whackos want to increase daily air temperature, just plant a monitoring system in a high volume of cement or metal area like Times Square. :pondering:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 02:03:09 pm »
NO!!!!...

When the NWS built these weather bureau/stations  mostly in the '40's and '50's, they were located in mostly rural areas.

In many of these stations, the cities have grown toward and around these areas.  Thus, biasing ambient temperatures upward via heat island effect.

Another inconvenient fact the enviro-whackos fail to tell you.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 07:43:55 pm »
NO!!!!...

When the NWS built these weather bureau/stations  mostly in the '40's and '50's, they were located in mostly rural areas.

In many of these stations, the cities have grown toward and around these areas.  Thus, biasing ambient temperatures upward via heat island effect.

Another inconvenient fact the enviro-whackos fail to tell you.
And a fact that has been known for decades.