Author Topic: Drastic changes to military pay, benefits needed to meet rising personnel costs: report  (Read 95 times)

rangerrebew

Drastic changes to military pay, benefits needed to meet rising personnel costs: report
By Leo Shane III
 Sep 10, 11:00 AM
Members of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit prepare for an all-hands formation aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard on June 27, 2017. (Lance Cpl. Amy Phan/Marine Corps)

To counter ever-rising personnel costs in the ranks, defense officials should consider radical changes to troops’ compensation packages like replacing annual pay raises with more targeted bonuses and mandating 25 years of service for full retirement benefits, according to a new budget analysis released this week.

“While today’s U.S. military is near its smallest size since the end of World War II in terms of active duty end strength, personnel costs are at a historic high,” wrote Seamus Daniels, associate director for Defense Budget Analysis at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

https://www.navytimes.com/pay-benefits/mil-money/2021/09/10/drastic-changes-to-military-pay-benefits-needed-to-meet-rising-personnel-costs-report/

rangerrebew

What a great idea! :3:  Taking pay and benefits from people who put their lives on the line for their country each day so that Biden will have more money to spend on illegal aliens is a wonderful idea. **nononono*

Offline EdinVA

An all volunteer military is expensive and given the black eye biden just gave them, it is about to get more expensive so cutting benefits is not going to work.
In business, you calculate the cost of a job to include things like equipment, office space, medical insurance and vacation (leave) so I am skeptical of these numbers given financial pillaging by the defense industrial complex.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
An all volunteer military is expensive and given the black eye biden just gave them, it is about to get more expensive so cutting benefits is not going to work.
Obviously, they cannot get anyone to join anymore. Why would anyone join the hapless incompetent American military today?

Every week I read about the military dropping yet another requirement to join up.
No high school diploma? Covered with gang tattoos? Long hair and beard? Extensive criminal record? Overweight? Don't speak English?
No problem. Come on in and sign up. We will take anyone with a pulse!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.