Author Topic: Poll: Opposition to Recall Surges to 60% as Gavin Newsom, Allies Target Larry Elder  (Read 356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Opposition to Recall Surges to 60% as Gavin Newsom, Allies Target Larry Elder

Penny Starr 10 Sep 2021

A new poll suggests that incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) could survive the effort to boot him from office, with just days away from the September 14 recall.

A U.C. Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll revealed that 60.1 percent of likely voters said they oppose Newsom being recalled.

A total of 38.5 percent said they favor ousting Newsom and just under 2 percent of respondents said they were undecided or declined to answer.

The poll also showed 65 percent of likely voters — and 89 percent of likely Democratic voters and 64 percent of independent voters — “thought electing a conservative Republican governor would threaten the state’s well-established progressive policies on climate change, immigration, healthcare, and abortion,” according to the Los Angeles Times:

The findings, which were gathered by pollsters between Aug. 30 and Sept. 6, reflect the results from a number of recent independent polls, which also showed strong support for Newsom.

A poll by the Berkeley institute just six weeks ago found that likely voters’ opinions were almost evenly split, a vulnerability for Newsom that at the time appeared to be driven mostly by the indifference many Democrats expressed about the recall.

Since then, Newsom’s campaign worked feverishly to redefine the recall campaign as a referendum on “Trumpism,” an effort aided greatly by the emergence of conservative talk show host Larry Elder, a loyalist to President Trump, as the clear favorite to become California’s next governor if the recall is successful.

https://twitter.com/Elex_Michaelson/status/1436338036787212297

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/10/poll-opposition-to-recall-surges-to-60-as-gavin-newsom-allies-target-larry-elder/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Larry Elder wasn't going to be much of a threat to Newsom.

The reality in California today is that there are no credible state-level Republican politicians rising up through their offices, because there are relatively few Republican office-holders being elected there in the first place.

As the old saying goes, "many are called, but few are chosen".
But with few being "called", the choices are dwindling.
Toward... zero.

(it's the same here in CT where I am...)

rangerrebew

I wouldn't trust ANY poll that comes out of Mejifornia about Newsom. :nono:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just more Goebbles propaganda from the fascist Left.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

The polls are just here to put the face of credibility on this farce of an election. There have already been enough ballots manufactured to save Greasy Gavin's office.

The rats own the political and bureaucratic systems in this state lock stock & barrel. Does anyone believe they will just allow the voters to recall of one of their appointees? They aren't playing by our rules anymore, folks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:10:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Larry Elder wasn't going to be much of a threat to Newsom.

The reality in California today is that there are no credible state-level Republican politicians rising up through their offices, because there are relatively few Republican office-holders being elected there in the first place.

As the old saying goes, "many are called, but few are chosen".
But with few being "called", the choices are dwindling.
Toward... zero.

(it's the same here in CT where I am...)

For so long as the map below prevails NOTHING will change in California politically.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien